Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krashx7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Im not seeing the option to buy on the website. Hope I didnt miss out on this.. Anyone have any info?

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I ordered on Black Friday the refurb iPhone 5 (Black) and got the confirmation email minutes later. I got this email from them today:
Thank you for your recent purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased that you chose AT&T as your service provider.

Due to overwhelming demand for the Black Friday refurbished smartphones, you can expect your device to ship in approximately 14-21 business days from today.

For orders that receive a ship confirmation email by December 18th you should receive your order by December 24th. If you wish to change your order please call Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008.

As a reminder, you will receive an email from the AT&T Premier Team confirming shipment along with the carrier information and tracking number to track your shipment online.
So I called and cancelled my order.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I ordered on Black Friday the refurb iPhone 5 (Black) and got the confirmation email minutes later. I got this email from them today:

So I called and cancelled my order.

Why would you cancel the order? You are still gonna receive just a couple days later

Justinf79

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2009
Oregon
Wow, well I also ordered a black 16GB iPhone 5 on Black Friday ($99), but got mine in the mail the following Monday. :D

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Why would you cancel the order? You are still gonna receive just a couple days later

I guess you missed the 14-25 days part...:confused: Local ATT stores have it in stock, so I'm gonna go the good 'ol fashion route this time.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Don't worry there will be more available. I'm sure someone went into one of their stores today and went through 5 iphones because of a minor scuff. :rolleyes:

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
AT&T stores have the refurbs in stock in store?

No, pretty sure they don't have refurbs in stock. I meant upgrading to a New iP5. The total upgrade for the refurbs was $144.21 ($99 + taxes and fees) at check out. For $60 bucks more I can get a new one.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
No, pretty sure they don't have refurbs in stock. I meant upgrading to a New iP5. The total upgrade for the refurbs was $144.21 ($99 + taxes and fees) at check out. For $60 bucks more I can get a new one.

Ah ok. Yea I went to the AT&T store to add the girlfriend to my family plan and they had like 4 in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.