Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
If Apple's primary purpose was to sell hardware (more ATVs) then they would have had an APP Store a long time ago. So to me it is more about controlling the content because of something they have planned in the future. For those that do no understand the need for an APP Store it is mostly about more content streaming and also maybe about games.

I bought 3 WDTVlive boxes for the Slingbox streaming APP. Others have done the same because it is not available on ATV or Roku.

People buy Roku for this (Amazon Prime) and other streaming channels. I also have 1 Roku box. My primary use was Hulu but not no longer need it for that.

I prefer ATV over all of the other boxes. Netflix and Hulu are major steps in the right direction. They either need move much more quickly at adding more content or give us an APP Store for the ATV. Then you could convince me the primary purpose is to sell more hardware.

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Jul 21, 2004
If they have amazon video apps for iphone and ipad, i dont see why it wouldnt come to apple tv.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
If they have amazon video apps for iphone and ipad, i dont see why it wouldnt come to apple tv.
I wish that would happen. But we have not see the following iPad Streaming Apps still not on AppleTV. Some can be found on XBOX and/or Roku and/or WDTV Live and/or Smart TV's and/or BlueRay Players and more....

Please Apple, give us a ATV App Store so others can can more content to the best TV STB or get busy adding more content before you get too far behind.

HBO GO
MAX GO
SHO Anytime
WatchESPN
Fox Business
NBC
ABC Player
SlingPlayer
And favorite is Verizon FIOS Mobile which gives you 75 Live TV Channels.

I just got the HDHomeRun Prime TV Tuners (3 per box) so I can feel Live TV Streams to any device in the house. They are adding DLNA Server Options to the box so DLNA Clients so things could get exciting very soon. If only Apple would get on the band wagon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.