Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tears2040

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
I might be returning my new mac Mini as I am having problems with the graphics card..........

So please update if anyone knows

thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I might be returning my new mac Mini as I am having problems with the graphics card..........

So please update if anyone knows

thanks
No one knows. There are several threads about this, but they're all guesses.

tears2040

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
And what says iMac will work with no problem?

The MacMini does not have a good gpu. I just ran test on it vs my 2011 iMac. The imac scored at least 3 times more vs the hd4000. That is very very bad and the ONLY reason I can even think that is causing the problem.

Last edited:

Hackfix21

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2011
This seems quite extraordinary to me. It's now been two and a half weeks during which it's simply not possible to buy an iMac, old or new, on the Apple website. And it's not even allowing us to order it yet, never mind deliver.

I don't remember any other time previously when there was this period of total limbo on the Mac side. And I don't see what the problem is - all the rumours previously were about production difficulties with large retina displays, but this iMac isn't even retina, so what's the problem?

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
This seems quite extraordinary to me. It's now been two and a half weeks during which it's simply not possible to buy an iMac, old or new, on the Apple website. And it's not even allowing us to order it yet, never mind deliver.

I don't remember any other time previously when there was this period of total limbo on the Mac side. And I don't see what the problem is - all the rumours previously were about production difficulties with large retina displays, but this iMac isn't even retina, so what's the problem?

The rumors were saying production difficulties because of new laminating technology, which is what ended up being in the new iMacs, not necessarily retina displays.

But yes, it's really in both our and Apple's best interest to have iMacs for sale ASAP. It seems ridiculous that something supposedly slated for release in June still isn't out almost half a year later.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012

Aside from the fact that I ask myself : "why on planet earth, apple decided from all these years of the Imac existence, to have such troubles with the imac line, just in time when I want to buy my first mac..."
I am sure TIm isn't happy with that as well, this is not an ordinary state, imagine how much money apple loose every day because of this awkward situation.
all in all the imac is the only thing that left unreleased yet, from this year hardware bomb. ( ipad mini,ipad 4th, iphone, ipod, macbook (all line), shuffle all are out and available.)

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
California
the Apple chat says this about the 21.5 inch model:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 7.58.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 7.58.55 PM.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 418
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.