Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kyles3399

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Hi all
So I am really disappointed with my purchase from amazon's warehouse deals.

so I ordered a 2011 13" 4GB/256GB
then received a 2011 11" 2GB/64GB

so I call amazon and I was really nice and explained what happened and all they can do is return it, because they were all sold out of the 2011 models. That seems unacceptable to me. I really just want the laptop I ordered. I have also contacted warehouse deals and have yet to hear back.

I just wanted to ask the community if there is anything else I can do? are warehouse deals and amazon the same company? anyone have any horror stories about this type of issue?

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2006
dont worry youll definitely have this settled. You clearly ordered something else. complete fault of amazon

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Amazon Warehouse deals is Amazon. Speak with a Amazon CSR explain that you want what you ordered. If they dont have a used one you will take a brand new one. They may play the Amazon Warehouse Deals is a different company - tell them it is not. If you are nice Amazon CSR's bend over backward for customers.

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
Hi all
So I am really disappointed with my purchase from amazon's warehouse deals.

so I ordered a 2011 13" 4GB/256GB
then received a 2011 11" 2GB/64GB

so I call amazon and I was really nice and explained what happened and all they can do is return it, because they were all sold out of the 2011 models. That seems unacceptable to me. I really just want the laptop I ordered. I have also contacted warehouse deals and have yet to hear back.

I just wanted to ask the community if there is anything else I can do? are warehouse deals and amazon the same company? anyone have any horror stories about this type of issue?

...they swapped out a completely different size and capacity model without contacting you first = that's really poor service?!?!

Amazon customer service should take care of the swap out for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.