Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xiudo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
SoCal
Noob here. I have no idea what I am doing. I went to a tutorial that told me to change my default "build tool" location. now nothing works.

What is the default "build tool" address?

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Noob here. I have no idea what I am doing. I went to a tutorial that told me to change my default "build tool" location. now nothing works.

I, for one, have no idea what you're talking about. If you're going to reference a tutorial though, it'd be very useful if you shared the web address with us if you got it from the web or info like title, edition, page, and author if you got it from some sort of print publication.

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada

sudo xcode-select -print-path used in a terminal window gives you the location, sudo xcode-select -switch path/to/new changes it. Also sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer should get you back to the default location.

Xiudo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
SoCal
I, for one, have no idea what you're talking about. If you're going to reference a tutorial though, it'd be very useful if you shared the web address with us if you got it from the web or info like title, edition, page, and author if you got it from some sort of print publication.
I was talking about this Field
HFfQL9L.png

----------

sudo xcode-select -print-path used in a terminal window gives you the location, sudo xcode-select -switch path/to/new changes it. Also sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer should get you back to the default location.

Thank you

Hans Kamp

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2013
Enschede, Netherlands
While you are starting a new project, it asks you in this field, what name you wish to give it. It is recommended to give a descriptive name here. What will your program do?

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
While you are starting a new project, it asks you in this field, what name you wish to give it. It is recommended to give a descriptive name here. What will your program do?

He's referring to the last field in the dialog he showed, which I can't say I've ever seen in Xcode. I assume he's using a different template from any I've ever used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.