Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Funkmasta

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2010
Why are you mixing your surround in Logic? FCPX has Soundtrack Pro's features built into the timeline, along with Logic's FX and Modules.

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
The last thing Logic needs is an iPhone/iPad kiddie interface (like they're advertising the iPad with that piano commercial playing something stupid like Chopsticks). This isn't Rockband or Guitar Hero for goodness sake.

Agree 1000%. To me, redoing the Logic 9 GUI would be a DISASTER!!! That would not be "innovation", just two steps backwards and "change for the sake of change". The current LP GUI is so intuitive and easy to understand already. I also can't think of anything that LP 9 needs. I don't use a lot of the features as it is. If they pull a FCP X overhaul I will vote with my wallet...for another program. And the worst is if they try to integrate Logic with "social media". Too horrible to even imagine....

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Why are you mixing your surround in Logic? FCPX has Soundtrack Pro's features built into the timeline, along with Logic's FX and Modules.

Surround music mixes. And I'd do sfx mixes as well if Logic handled it better. I don't have FCX and have no plans to get it as someone who only does audio, no video editing. In the meantime I'm using pro tools, but decent surround would be a big selling point for another DAW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.