Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

confusedconnie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
I'm doing videography in my school and my teacher gave me Final Cut Studio ACADEMIC kit to install on my computer so I could work on classroom assignments at my house. Because the Final Cut Studio comes as an Academic set, will I still be able to install it on my laptop? Or would this not be possible due to the fact that it's meant to be a class set...???

Nov 28, 2010
located
If he gave you a proper license, you can install it on your MacBook / MacBook Pro / MacBook Air, you can use it as much as you want, but you cannot produce something you make money with.

confusedconnie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
If he gave you a proper license, you can install it on your MacBook / MacBook Pro / MacBook Air, you can use it as much as you want, but you cannot produce something you make money with.

Okay, he gave me the proper license. And I wasn't planning on producing something to make money with, but why wouldn't I be able to?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Okay, he gave me the proper license. And I wasn't planning on producing something to make money with, but why wouldn't I be able to?

You would be able to, but the license you have does not grant you those rights. That is why many academic versions of expensive software are much cheaper than the commercial versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.