Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Heb 7:4
macrumors regular

Finding single podcasts in iTunes 11

Not sure if I am missing something here, but I regularly search for podcasts on specific subjects. More likely than not it's individual episodes I want, rather than a podcast series. However, in iTunes 11, when you click on an individual episode after searching it takes you to the whole series. You then have to look through that whole series to find the episode that showed up in your search.

This is really really annoying. In iTunes 10, you could look at all the episodes in a list, and click the ones you wanted to download. Now you have to hop in and out of whole podcast series, find the specific episode you want, then back out and onto the next one. When you're downloading 20 or 30 at a time it's a real pain.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get the old convenient list view back?
Heb 7:4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Austrian
macrumors newbie

I also use iTunes to search for podcast topics. iTunes 11 eliminated List View from podcast search results, which means you cannot sort the search results by release date, as I like to do. I contacted Apple Support. (At first, the friendly rep didn't realize list view had actually been eliminated for search results.) I also posted a request on Apple's iTunes feedback page asking that they restore list view as at least an optional view. I suggest you do the same. The more Apple hears about this, the better our chances that they will restore this essential function for podcasts.
Austrian is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store