Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnomeisland

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
New York, NY
I installed a GTX 570 in my Mac Pro. So far everything works great and it is recognized just fine. I left my GT 120 in there because I have the space and it is the native card.

I know with Resolve/CUDA the recommended set up is run the displays off the GT 120 and use the faster card just for CUDA. Does OpenCL in Final Cut X work the same way? Honestly, I haven't noticed much of a difference in Final Cut (although Lux Mark and other benchmark programs shows a very large performance increase). I am currently still running the displays off the GT120 and wondering if that is the problem.

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
Supposedly on cards that use more then 2GB of VRAM OpenCL is not activated. Now with Mac OSX 10.8.3 there is no limit & OpenCl will work with no work around. Not sure if that is your problem or not.

gnomeisland

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
New York, NY
Supposedly on cards that use more then 2GB of VRAM OpenCL is not activated. Now with Mac OSX 10.8.3 there is no limit & OpenCl will work with no work around. Not sure if that is your problem or not.

I don't have more than 2GB on the card so I don't think that that is the issue. Does OS X fully use the card if there isn't actually a display plugged in?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.