Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:11 PM   #1
NeedHelp2013
macrumors newbie

Question regarding blocking feature

Hello I believe I'm being blocked by an ios7 user. I'm wondering if other users here could help me figure it out? Here my situation.

When I call my friend it goes straight to hid voicemail. I believe this means he could be blocking me but it could also means his battery is dead.

When I text him instead of it being sent as a usual iMessage in blue, it's green and is "sent as text message"

I don't know if this means he's blocking me or if his phone could be dead. Does anybody know the details of how it works?
NeedHelp2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:25 PM   #2
PNutts
macrumors 601

There are a number of reasons the calls are going straight to vm. He may be blocking you, he may be doing it by hand, he may be in Do Not Disturb, he may be out of coverage, his phone may be shut off, or he may be suffering from a bug in iOS 7 where his calls go to voicemail without ringing his phone. There are probably more possibilities I can't think of right now.

For iMessage, something is "wrong" on your side or his or iMessage is having a problem. I don't know what Blocked looks like for iMessage.

Can you ask him?
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:54 PM   #3
NeedHelp2013
macrumors newbie

Yeah that's what I'd like to know. If it is sent as a reg iMessage or sent as a text message while being blocked. Can anybody test this for me?
NeedHelp2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 01:19 AM   #4
freedevil
macrumors 6502a

Sigh. Okay, so you've been blocked because you're being a pest and now you're proving it. Stop texting your friend and harassing him or her.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7