Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Found a couple of xserves locally on Kijiji going for what I believe to be a steal of a price but I wanted to check with MacRumors first beforehand. From what I can find online, I'm thinking it's a late 2006 xserve based on the processor alone.

Specs are:

2.66QX
2GB Ram
500GB HDD

Emailed the poster requesting more information but what would you guys pay for one?

Omnius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2012
Found a couple of xserves locally on Kijiji going for what I believe to be a steal of a price but I wanted to check with MacRumors first beforehand. From what I can find online, I'm thinking it's a late 2006 xserve based on the processor alone.

Specs are:

2.66QX
2GB Ram
500GB HDD

Emailed the poster requesting more information but what would you guys pay for one?

I see late model xserves selling for under 100 dollars consistently.

Artiss

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
Wow wish I could find that price locally! Not sure where to look in Canada.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Really....

old techno to support and use. I will not pay more than $150, with reserve and checking thoroughfully the hardware....

:):apple:

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Sounds about right then. A buddy of mine ended up buying both that the guy had for $140 total. One is a late 2006 and the other is an early 2005 G5. I convinced him to sell me the G5 for $40 which I'm more than okay with.

Thoughts?

Artiss

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
Thats a great price. I did a quick kijiji scan for Vancouver, BC and the few that are on there are $399+.

CaptHenryMorgan

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2013
The District
I've got an XServe RAID sitting under my porch steps in the rain because it's too heavy for the garbage guys to take. That's how much XServes are worth these days...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.