Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnny Alien

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2012
The photo looks completely natural. It's not easy to tell that there is a fairly large tablet in the pocket.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Fits in my front coat pocket, with an inch or two sticking out. Pants pocket? No way in hell.

I wear bluenotes. Can barely fit my phone in there.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
one of the determining factors for me deciding to get an ipad mini, is whether or not it will fit in my pocket. Having an ipad i can bring everywhere by just sliding it into my front pocket, is something i never thought was possible.

I am glad to see, after visiting apple store and testing with their demo unit, that not only does it fit in my pocket, but it does so comfortably!

I'm referring to the front pants pocket of a normal suit. It definitely wouldn't fit in my jeans pocket :) this was the big question i've been wondering since the ipad mini was announced, so i wanted to share my experience for others.

What about you, does the ipad mini fit in your everyday pants pocket?

Edit: It fits, and is comfortable to walk around in, even with the iphone in the same pocket!

no.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
No it's not a joke. It's Apple hypocrisy.

A device with the fruity logo is "Magical", anything Android is just trash, don't ya know :D
On the other hand the iPhones screen is too small to do any "real work" and everybody who buys "overpriced" apple stuff are brainless "iDiots". :rolleyes:

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
No it's not a joke. It's Apple hypocrisy.

A device with the fruity logo is "Magical", anything Android is just trash, don't ya know :D

Well luckily, according to Google only 6.1% of Android phones have screens larger than 4 inches, so it isn't affecting too many people :p

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
How would that ruin it? If you're referring to scratches, I always put the iPhone on the Smart Cover side of the iPad, which is way too soft to scratch the iPhone screen.

That is what I was thinking, but having a cover changes everything. You must have massive pockets.

SHirsch999

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
One of the determining factors for me deciding to get An iPad Mini, is whether or not it will fit in my pocket. Having an iPad I can bring everywhere by just sliding it into my front pocket, is something I never thought was possible.

I am glad to see, after visiting Apple Store and testing with their demo unit, that not only does it fit in my pocket, but it does so comfortably!

I'm referring to the front pants pocket of a normal suit. It definitely wouldn't fit in my jeans pocket :) This was the big question I've been wondering since the iPad mini was announced, so I wanted to share my experience for others.

What about you, does the iPad mini fit in your everyday pants pocket?

Edit: It fits, and is comfortable to walk around in, even with the iPhone in the same pocket!

You have some gigantic pockets on those pants in order to fit it in there. It's one thing to walk around like that. Now try sitting. I'm guessing that wont be too comfortable.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
You have some gigantic pockets on those pants in order to fit it in there. It's one thing to walk around like that. Now try sitting. I'm guessing that wont be too comfortable.

Not at all. It's been in my pocket all day, including driving, walking around, running, and sitting. I barely even notice it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.