Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jul 5, 2012, 02:08 PM   #26
loungecorps
macrumors member

Same thing happens to me after a few hours of editing. Shutdown the app and reopen problem should be fixed. You may need to restart the computer
loungecorps is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 02:16 PM   #27
mBox
macrumors 68020

These bugs frustrate me cause I honestly dont see them myself.
But I have witnessed them on friends and students with varying workstations.
I submitted one funky bug to Apple weeks ago that confused the heck out me.
Hoping that it will all be fixed in the next update
mBox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 02:31 PM   #28
Zwhaler
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mBox View Post
These bugs frustrate me cause I honestly dont see them myself.
But I have witnessed them on friends and students with varying workstations.
I submitted one funky bug to Apple weeks ago that confused the heck out me.
Hoping that it will all be fixed in the next update
To be fair the problem posted by the OP was an issue for me around September last year... since then Apple has released a couple of updates and the problem hasn't come back.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:43 PM   #29
mBox
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwhaler View Post
To be fair the problem posted by the OP was an issue for me around September last year... since then Apple has released a couple of updates and the problem hasn't come back.
Yep all the bad ones are gone for me as well.
But the odd one I submitted was really weird and I cant seem to replicate it.
mBox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:30 PM   #30
juice media
macrumors newbie

All you have to do is hit W! :)

Trying hitting the 'W' key a few times. 'W' cycles thru the Canvas displaying the image, the image + wireframe, and just wireframe.
juice media is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:06 AM   #31
musique
macrumors regular

I think the "W" key inserts material from the Event library to the Timeline. As I recall the Command key pressed with the 1, 2, or 3 key will make the Event browser, the timeline, or the viewer the active window.
musique is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:11 AM   #32
mikomontgomery
macrumors newbie

Reason For The Blackness?

I too have just encountered this "blackness" problem. And after countless hours of work on an important project too. To call the problem "maddening" is a complete understatement. As a result, I've begun saving up for Premiere Pro.
I'm done with FCPX.

I also believe that I've figured out what the "real" problem/issue is.
The blackness only seems to occur when trying to import footage other that what comes directly from you, i.e., Youtube, royalty free footage, etc. Perhaps Final Cut/Apple don't want you to use footage other than your own. It makes sense to me. Pisses me off big time since I can't use the royalty free footage I've paid for, but whatever.

It's just a thought, but I'd love some feedback.

Finally, I'd urge everyone to think twice about Final Cut Pro X. Based on my experience with just this particular issue, I would NEVER, EVER recommend it.
mikomontgomery is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 04:00 AM   #33
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

I'm no expert when it comes to FCP-X but from your statement you seem to know the answers.
Would be nice if you had gone more into depth how you solved the problem. What I cant understand if you have a problem does one pack the software up and move on to a new software?.
I use FCP-X and what i like is not the technical aspect of solving problems but the easy learning curve and it does a fine job of editing video. We are now with version 10.0.8 and Apple will in time improve this software.
Sorry to hear you are not happy with the software, but i always believe any software issue one comes to forums to get free help and advice.
Many people of all ages come to forums and any possibility of not using the P... word. I think you vocabulary of english is better than that?
daybreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2013, 04:18 PM   #34
rcallan9
macrumors newbie

One Fix

I encountered this problem when downloading a video from the internet. When I ran the video through Handbrake with H.264 output settings and a change in the Picture Settings tab (set to custom and choose a proportion you like), it fixed the problem. Hope this helps!

Last edited by rcallan9; Jul 25, 2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: For better clarity
rcallan9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video