Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Lilbrian
macrumors newbie

iPod display to tv please help

I have a jail broken iPod touch iOS 5 and I want to know if I can display it to my tv. I have the cable that connects to the ipods headphone jack with the 3 color thing to connect to the tv. I want to know if I can please answer if you know how.

Last edited by Lilbrian; Feb 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
Lilbrian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:48 PM   #2
likethesoup2
macrumors 6502a

When you say 'display' . . . are you trying to watch a Netflix movie on your TV, or see the actual screen?

To watch a Netflix movie, I bought a cord at Best Buy (I think), but it goes out the bottom, the dock connector. That WILL NOT allow you to actually see the apps etc on your device, just watch a movie. But it worked great with my ipod touch.

I now have an iPhone, and got a cable that is an adapter, that accepts an HDMI cable, then goes into the dock connector. With that cable, you CAN see your screens etc.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think the cable you have only worked with an ipod that was called a 'video' ipod, that was made a few yrs ago.
likethesoup2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:22 AM   #3
Lilbrian
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by likethesoup2 View Post
When you say 'display' . . . are you trying to watch a Netflix movie on your TV, or see the actual screen?

To watch a Netflix movie, I bought a cord at Best Buy (I think), but it goes out the bottom, the dock connector. That WILL NOT allow you to actually see the apps etc on your device, just watch a movie. But it worked great with my ipod touch.

I now have an iPhone, and got a cable that is an adapter, that accepts an HDMI cable, then goes into the dock connector. With that cable, you CAN see your screens etc.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think the cable you have only worked with an ipod that was called a 'video' ipod, that was made a few yrs ago.
I mean to display the whole iPod with something called displayout. I figured that the cables were for older ones but thanks for the reply.
Lilbrian is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch