Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:42 PM   #26
JS3
macrumors regular

I got rid of my mac mini because I tend to not take my MBP 15" anywhere because of my ipad. So I put the MBP in the place of the mac mini. Didnt really need all three. Take ipad everywhere.
JS3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:43 PM   #27
racer1441
macrumors 68000

All ipad here. Don't even own a laptop anymore. It's great.
racer1441 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:51 PM   #28
rowspaxe
macrumors 6502a

My ipad has not really affected my use of my laptop: I tend to use the laptop much more because it is so much easier to type. I use the ipad for reading, video and web browsing, mostly lying down on a sofa or bed.
rowspaxe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:16 PM   #29
mrgossett
macrumors 6502

I have a Macbook Air 11", and honestly, it's easier to use and type on plopped in my lap in my recliner than it is to hold and use my full-size iPad 3. And for me and the kind of work that I do, there are still a lot of things I can do much easier on the Air that are harder or impossible to do on the iPad. I like the iPad for reading books/magazines, viewing photos, news and weather apps, and of course on-the-go use.
mrgossett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:39 PM   #30
Chimom79
macrumors member

Send a message via Yahoo to Chimom79
I have not used a laptop but maybe once or twice since having iPads. I just dont need them. IPad does what I need.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:43 PM   #31
Rhyalus
macrumors 6502

Maybe we should put age and current profession in threads like this, which have EVERYTHING to do with the needs of the user.

This is not an insult to anyone; just a reminder that different folks have different needs.

R
Rhyalus is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:54 PM   #32
ZBoater
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyalus View Post
Maybe we should put age and current profession in threads like this, which have EVERYTHING to do with the needs of the user.

This is not an insult to anyone; just a reminder that different folks have different needs.

R
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:12 PM   #33
mrgossett
macrumors 6502

FYI - I'm a public school teacher, and content creation for my classes using Keynote and Pages is still easier on the Mac than on the iPad, as is video editing using iMovie, MPEG Streamclip, and other Mac apps.
mrgossett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:21 PM   #34
maxosx
macrumors 68020

I really enjoy both my iPad 4, and iPad mini.

Yet they are in no way a substitute, nor have they reduced the time I spend using my Apple laptops.

But for those who only do light tasks, playing games and surfing the web, an iPad can replace the computer they didn't need in the first place.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:59 PM   #35
tl01
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badrottie View Post
I don't have an AppleCare or any warranty for iPad. Damaged by dead pixels, LCD faded out, etc.

----------

No moving parts? How about rear camera with shutter/auto-focus?
Oh boy! You'd be shocked by what my kids have put their iPads through. My youngest has been caught accidentally jumping on his. The iPads go everywhere with us. They are in cases that protect the iPads but I don't really stress about them. My oldest uses his a lot for reading, researching, watching videos etc... And his is fine after 2 years. We haven't had problems with any of our 7 iPads that we have owned. I'm sure ours have been through more wear and rear than 90% of the iPads out there. My brother just bought my youngest's ipad 2 since I got him a mini and there was one tiny scratch on one corner and that was it.
tl01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad