Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Still at it on occasion. My favorite aspect of this game is that I can leave it for months and know that my world is still there when I come back, and no server is erasing my claim (Landmark Reference). One humorous issue I've run into is that I find it hard to bring myself to develop because I hate messing up the landscape. :p

I wish the developer would get on the ball and improve the game with advanced building tools similar to Landmark. I also wish they would improve furniture options. I was in the Landmark beta and quit when they dropped the login requirements to every 5 days or face a wipe. Don't know if that is still in effect or not. I like building, I like controlling an entire server and question if I'll return to Landmark. Don't know at this point.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Yeah I read ya. I've had my own server for about a year now. I currently use a beast for a server, but will move it all to a mac mini very soon. Not that the mac mini is weak by any means, only regarding to sound, size and power consumption.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm curious does anyone know what the developer of Minecraft is up to? Were'nt they bought by someone? I've seen several examples of the stellar things that can be accomplished with voxel games such as Landmark and Space Engineers.

I may be out of the loop but is Minecraft headed somewhere or is it static, sitting on its laurels? I'd like to see the smooth option along with the insertion of refinded environmental elements like realistic trees and such. I believe the future of such voxel world sandbox environments is towards realism.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.