Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pigbat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I've done some searching so I apologize if this is an easy question. I'm trying to figure out a way to crop around 1000 images to a 16x9 crop for a time lapse video. Is there a way in Aperture to make this happen? I have PSE and it looks like there is no option there.

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
1) Crop the first image.
2) Under the Metadata menu select "Lift Adjustments"
3) Delete all the adjustments (highlight the row and delete key) EXCEPT for the crop.
4) Select all the images you want to crop the same way.
5) Click "Stamp Selected Images"
6) Wait for "Processing..." to finish.

This only works if they all receive the exact same crop, of course. If you have to tweak the crop for all the images, then there's nothing else but doing it manually. Since you said it was time lapse, then you likely want the same crop.

pigbat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
1) Crop the first image.
3) Delete all the adjustments (highlight the row and delete key) EXCEPT for the crop.

This only works if they all receive the exact same crop, of course. If you have to tweak the crop for all the images, then there's nothing else but doing it manually. Since you said it was time lapse, then you likely want the same crop.

Thanks Keleko, I'll give it a try. Yes, I want the exact same crop for all images.

doroty74

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2012
And here's my modest suggestion, old question but contemporary problem yet...
Since you cannot just resize the picture as is, even with an anamorphic setting, that would stretch it, the only way to achieve a 16:9 aspect ratio is to crop it.
For example let's say that your pics are 1700x1100. To get a 16:9 AR you need to crop 200 pixels vertically and 100 horizontally. How and where you place those cropping settings depends on you and on the pics.

But i know only one tool that can do that by bulk and designed specifically for cropping:
Photo Cropper by Moonvalleysoft

google for it, but try the demo first, you can't go wrong then.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
1) Crop the first image.

And just to clarify, when you delete the adjustments, delete the ones in the list that pops up on a separate window, not the photo adjustment on Aperture's HUD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.