Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aggiesrwe03

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2009
TEXAS
Instant reply

When is apple gonna listen and realize we want to ********* reply to a text message in the pop-up and not stop what we're doing close our current app, and pen the messages app to reply to a message, its one effing button, I will never give up my jailbreak os until this feature is built in!!!!! APPLE LISTEN TO ME I DON'T CARE IF THE PHONE DOES MY LAUNDRY AND FEEDS THE POOR, WE WANT QUICK REPLY!!!!!

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
When is apple gonna listen and realize we want to ********* reply to a text message in the pop-up and not stop what we're doing close our current app, and pen the messages app to reply to a message, its one effing button, I will never give up my jailbreak os until this feature is built in!!!!! APPLE LISTEN TO ME I DON'T CARE IF THE PHONE DOES MY LAUNDRY AND FEEDS THE POOR, WE WANT QUICK REPLY!!!!!

apple.com/feedback

Pianoblack3

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Scotland
That black contraption looks like something that escaped from Michael Dells delirious brain.
It will become cable hell. Just imagine 10-15 external devices...
This tiny device will (thank God) be hidden behind a thick web of cables going to numerous equally ugly external devices.
I can sense Steve Jobs rotating in his grave. He would never ever let a hideous abomination like that miniature black sprayed trash can wear an apple logo.
He would instead fire anybody that came up with an idea close to the idiocy of this black sprayed trash can.

Argghh I feared this would happen eventually...

Not to mention the fact it's cylindrical, which means all hardware within the device must be tailored for and only for that design.

My god Apple, your one tower/somewhat expandable piece of hardware and you turn it into another "Look how much we can fit in so little!". And someone says it lights up… have Apple lost the plot!?

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
That black contraption looks like something that escaped from Michael Dells delirious brain.
It will become cable hell. Just imagine 10-15 external devices...
This tiny device will (thank God) be hidden behind a thick web of cables going to numerous equally ugly external devices.

You never been in a Network Center before?

I sense Steve Jobs rotating in his grave. He would never ever let a hideous abomination like that miniature black sprayed trash can wear an apple logo.
He would instead fire anybody that came up with an idea close to the idiocy of this black sprayed trash can.

Argghh I feared this would happen eventually...

You obviously forgot how ThunderBolt works with chains on one cable. The Arrgghh part comes into play with the lack of Thunderbolt 2 devices to replace PCI cards. Plus the life of a Mac Pro in being able to upgrade video cards. Time will tell if this takes off or falls flat.

designaholic

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
The iOS7 Safari icon takes the crown from that new iTunes icon >_<

(I can sense the feverish Dribbbling starting already)

----------

True, they may have a on and off switch for that, options are always good.

Yeah no doubt on that. The settings app wasn't shown at all – keen to see the UI. Hoping to grab an iOS7 dev beta but –as expected– the site is getting hammered hard! https://developer.apple.com/

Nimrad

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
You really believe that the real main target of Apple for their keynote (not WWDC) is the developers? Dude, don't be so naive.

Talking about APIs, releasing developer betas, talking directly to the developers etc etc. I do. Getting PR is part of Apple's allover strategy, not the keynote itself.

Macmuft

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2013
can anyone provide me a link of the official video, on my macs it does not display at all …
cheers

designaholic

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
The iOS7 Safari icon takes the crown from that new iTunes icon >_<

(I can sense the feverish Dribbbling starting already)

Sod it, I had a go myself! :cool:

jb_ios7_safari_1x.jpg

http://drbl.in/hUai

Ndynslvr

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2012
Does anyone know where a PC user can watch the keynote? I've seen a bit of spoilers already, just want to watch the keynote.

Dr.Gargoyle

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2004
lat: 55.7222°N, long: 13.1971°E
You never been in a Network Center before?

Do you remember the ADC that Apple (read Steve Jobs) developed just to get one cable less?

Same thing with the old MacPro, the inside is tidy.

Everything Apple have made the last 10 years have been clean and tidy, minimalistic but highly functional.

This contraption is niether.

I can see how this is going to look like if you need a couple black sprayed trash cans. Cable hell.
Since they are cylindrical, you cant rack them and get rid of all the cables that way.
Cook basically created an ugly Cube/Mini on steroids and now he is trying to sell it as the second coming.

You obviously forgot how ThunderBolt works with chains on one cable. The Arrgghh part comes into play with the lack of Thunderbolt 2 devices to replace PCI cards. Plus the life of a Mac Pro in being able to upgrade video cards. Time will tell if this takes off or falls flat.
I agree that those who are in a need of a MacPro wants something they easily can upgrade, but they also want a functional machine.
Round isn't functional. It is design for designs own sake.
I want all my computer gizmos contained, either in a server rack or in a computer box. Different sized round objects are very hard to contain in a small volume. Just how many round boxes have you seen?

Consequently, I will be stuck with these trash cans and various peripherals on my already cluttered desk. Just how functional is that for you?

Design for designs own sake is ok if you buy a phone. It is NOT ok if you buy something that provides you with an income.
From what I can tell so far, nothing in the trash can can be upgraded.
How is that for upgradability??

That said, I am not against this idea of a modular computer, but this machine doesn't cut it. As far as I can tell now, it just isn't functional for the job it was built for.
Just my 2c.

I honestly hope you are correct and I am completely wrong about this.
I hope I am the proverbial #500 thread, but I doubt it

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.