Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robertkarlsen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Halmstad, Sweden
In iOS 7 the color of the statusbar icons change between black and white, based on light or dark wallpaper? How do the system "feel" what colors to apply? Casue sometimes, when applying and light wallpaper, iOS shows white icons, making it hard to see reception etc...

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
In iOS 7 the color of the statusbar icons change between black and white, based on light or dark wallpaper? How do the system "feel" what colors to apply? Casue sometimes, when applying and light wallpaper, iOS shows white icons, making it hard to see reception etc...

Can you be more specific about the question? I quite don' get what you meant. But I do get your first sentence. I thought the status bar is made transparent? It complements any colour of the background .

Goldex

macrumors member
May 15, 2009
Can you be more specific about the question? I quite don' get what you meant. But I do get your first sentence. I thought the status bar is made transparent? It complements any colour of the background .
He's talking about the color of the text of the statusbar and icon names. These are white when using a dark wallpaper, and black when using a light wallpaper.

I'm guessing it just looks for the most common color shade... But I don't like how it works either. I find the font to be hard to read, anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.