Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:08 AM   #1
BLOND37
macrumors 6502a

Advice please

i want an ipad mini (don't we all haha) but i am tired i mean TIRED of playing this cat and mouse game and getting wrong info from apple employees, if i get any info at all from them.

apple sold out first and second days.
on the second day while i was trying to track one down at best buy, target, walmart etc.. apple got some in but as i said sold them.

if i order from apple.com i get a delivery of 11-27.

if i order at apple.com for store pick up i can only order what my local apple store has left over from that day... (ok so how do i get one)

they wont tell me when they get stock in.. they say "all the time"

ok well today is sunday get any now? its all the time now...

should i just get to apple tomorrow before they open and tell them i will wait until they more in? i am assuming they will get some tomorrow being monday?

like i said tired of cat and mouse and may just get an ipad 2
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:11 AM   #2
mattopotamus
macrumors 603

Apple.com/retail. They are doing the same reserve system they did with iphones
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:13 AM   #3
BLOND37
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattopotamus View Post
Apple.com/retail. They are doing the same reserve system they did with iphones

no no i did that.. the one where i only can chose from unsold stock.. like right now my store only has 64gig minis.. and thats all the web thing will let me buy
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:17 AM   #4
MikeFromTexas
macrumors newbie

I just walked in to the apple store at 2:00 pm Friday and walked out five minutes later with a mini. You may be over thinking this..
MikeFromTexas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:21 AM   #5
mattopotamus
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOND37 View Post
no no i did that.. the one where i only can chose from unsold stock.. like right now my store only has 64gig minis.. and thats all the web thing will let me buy
The thing you do at 10:00 pm at night? That is for new stock...not left over
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:24 AM   #6
BLOND37
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
The thing you do at 10:00 pm at night? That is for new stock...not left over
ok well i will try again but last yesterday my store said they only had 64's and then last night it said sold out of minis except for 64's..

are you saying if i do it tonight right at i can order the pad i want?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromTexas View Post
I just walked in to the apple store at 2:00 pm Friday and walked out five minutes later with a mini. You may be over thinking this..

i hear this from others too. would love to know how..
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:25 AM   #7
AdonisSMU
macrumors 65816

Quote:
i want an ipad mini (don't we all haha) but i am tired i mean TIRED of playing this cat and mouse game and getting wrong info from apple employees, if i get any info at all from them.

on the second day while i was trying to track one down at best buy, target, walmart etc.. apple got some in but as i said sold them.

if i order at apple.com for store pick up i can only order what my local apple store has left over from that day... (ok so how do i get one)

should i just get to apple tomorrow before they open and tell them i will wait until they more in? i am assuming they will get some tomorrow being monday?

just order it if you want it. Or look on in-store pick up. If you wanted a mini iPad thats what you should get. You aren't going to be happy with the iPad 2 if what you really wanted was a mini iPad.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:26 AM   #8
mattopotamus
macrumors 603

Be on your computer a few mins before 10 with the iPad you want in your cart. Refresh and you will probably score one.
mattopotamus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:58 AM   #9
BLOND37
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Be on your computer a few mins before 10 with the iPad you want in your cart. Refresh and you will probably score one.
ok... thats what i was just thinking too thanks
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:08 PM   #10
BLOND37
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

please tell me thats 10pm eastern time?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:14 PM   #11
comatose81
macrumors 6502a

Do you know how sick Apple store employees have to be of people asking them how to get the newest device that sold out on the first day of availability?

I mean, think about it. How would you feel if every 2 minutes some idiot is coming up to you "when will you have more iPad minis? Today? Tomorrow? What time exactly? Please please please???"

They don't know. And they don't care. They are going to sell every single one of these things whether you get one or not. They have no obligation to tell you exactly when they will get stock.

They've told you all of the methods for getting one. Order online and wait 3 weeks. Or refresh your screen 30 times per second at 10PM and try to reserve one for pickup. Or walk into the store, ask if they have any, and quickly leave if they say no, rather than harrassing them.
comatose81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:15 PM   #12
mlw4411
macrumors member

Quote:

If you lived in my area, I have one I am returning that you could buy. :-/
mlw4411 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:18 PM   #13
BLOND37
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by comatose81 View Post
Do you know how sick Apple store employees have to be of people asking them how to get the newest device that sold out on the first day of availability?

I mean, think about it. How would you feel if every 2 minutes some idiot is coming up to you "when will you have more iPad minis? Today? Tomorrow? What time exactly? Please please please???"

They don't know. And they don't care. They are going to sell every single one of these things whether you get one or not. They have no obligation to tell you exactly when they will get stock.

They've told you all of the methods for getting one. Order online and wait 3 weeks. Or refresh your screen 30 times per second at 10PM and try to reserve one for pickup. Or walk into the store, ask if they have any, and quickly leave if they say no, rather than harrassing them.
geez dude CHILL OUT man..
today was the first time ANYONE told me to be online at 10pm and do the browser refresh thing and.. if apple employees dont like they can quit and work elsewhere.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:20 PM   #14
comatose81
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
geez dude CHILL OUT man..
today was the first time ANYONE told me to be online at 10pm and do the browser refresh thing and.. if apple employees dont like they can quit and work elsewhere.
Reread your OP and look at how ridiculous you sound... "I will wait in line until you get more in!"

If you wanted it so badly, you should have pre-ordered.
comatose81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:35 PM   #15
mattopotamus
macrumors 603

Quote:
please tell me thats 10pm eastern time?
10:00 pm in your time zone

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad