Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joyless

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Well, either it's too early in the morning and I need another two coffees, or "repeat songs" is missing...okay, actually I found it in Controls-Repeat menu but it does nothing, certainly won't repeat any songs.
Anyone else is experiencing similar behaviour?

Other stuff that is annoying:
- cmd+l will jump to 'now playing' in song view, 'album' view, 'generes' view but not in 'artists' view
- coloured icons in the sidebar again...really Apple, make up your mind, Finder is also going back to colour in 10.9?
- we can control artwork size in 'artists' and 'genres' view but not in 'playlists' and 'albums' view? any logic behind it?
- also, 'View Options' popup feels to me like a placeholder, like they didn't have time to make it right.
- my iPhone won't sync, says it's unavailable.

iTunes 11 is beautiful and makes me want to listen to music again, but c'mon Apple, you should have taken another month and polish it, it feels to me like a beta product.

joyless

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
This is weird, but after playing few albums I noticed that repeat suddenly started working. I looked at iTunes and immediately saw blue, highlighted 'repeat' icon (which also gives the option to repeat all and shuffle), that I'm quite confident wasn't there when I posted earlier:
bfkho8.jpg

So the problem is fixed, although I'll report a bug.

Random 995K

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
This is weird, but after playing few albums I noticed that repeat suddenly started working. I looked at iTunes and immediately saw blue, highlighted 'repeat' icon (which also gives the option to repeat all and shuffle), that I'm quite confident wasn't there when I posted earlier:

So the problem is fixed, although I'll report a bug.

I think this was your problem... "it's too early in the morning and I need another two coffees". :p

My repeat works fine.

joyless

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
I think this was your problem... "it's too early in the morning and I need another two coffees". :p

No, it wasn't - I turned repeat on (via Controls-Repeat), and whole 'Tsotsi' soundtrack played song by song, 2 other queued soundtracks played without a single repeated song, and then out of the blue, without touching iTunes, The Rolling Stones song started repeating (which is great, because 'Play With Fire' is one of my favourite!) and the controls appeared.

There is definitely something up, because iTunes crashed few minutes ago and now the application will launch itself again after quitting it :rolleyes:

Random 995K

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
No, it wasn't - I turned repeat on (via Controls-Repeat), and whole 'Tsotsi' soundtrack played song by song, 2 other queued soundtracks played without a single repeated song, and then out of the blue, without touching iTunes, The Rolling Stones song started repeating (which is great, because 'Play With Fire' is one of my favourite!) and the controls appeared.

There is definitely something up, because iTunes crashed few minutes ago and now the application will launch itself again after quitting it :rolleyes:

Yeah i was just joking :p

2square

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
has anyone figured out how to have a song set to repeat while on shuffle, so if you press next or previous then another random song plays like it used to before itunes 11?

now if you have shuffle on, and single repeat on, on pressing next, the current song just restarts.

pmath

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2013
"Up Next" is your problem

In order to access the repeat button or the shuffle button, you must click the "Up Next" menu (the three, numbered, blue bars) and clear it. This will let you repeat and shuffle songs. Hoped this helped!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.