Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jul 31, 2013, 05:01 PM   #376
W1LLk
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs91 View Post
There's a cool thing in maps that quickly shows how long it takes to get to a POI or dropped pin etc.

Also (or at least I didn't notice this before) the 'next' and 'previous' when filling in forms have been replaced by arrows.
I actually really like that. It's going to make my nights out lazier... "oh your at XYZ? ...hell that's 45 minutes away. Pass." haha /lazy
Old Jul 31, 2013, 08:12 PM   #377
timdawes
macrumors newbie

the best thing they've ever done: when you're on a call and get a text/email it's now a split second vibration only. thank you apple <3
timdawes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 09:05 PM   #378
C DM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdawes View Post
the best thing they've ever done: when you're on a call and get a text/email it's now a split second vibration only. thank you apple <3
And the sound is somewhat lower for that notification too it seems. Hopefully it's by design and not some sort of a "bug" that will be "fixed" (by getting it back to how it worked before).
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 09:30 PM   #379
greg624
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanDWilkes View Post
The update to the messages app show the first name and the first initial of the last name.

In my contacts, I have:
Eric Wood
Eric Williams

If the messages app reduces the name of both to "Eric W" how am I supposed to tell who I am talking to easily. I think this update needs to be reverted, like "NOW" because that is going to cause a lot of issues.

How about going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > then just shutting off Short Name??? God. No body looks in settings these days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	425885  
greg624 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:27 PM   #380
vojta3476
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnseattle View Post
What is the difference?
really? when looking at those two icons you don't notice a difference?

they need less people like you working at apple
vojta3476 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:38 PM   #381
deniseathedisco
macrumors newbie

notification

my notification center isn't transparent after updating to ios7 beta 4 help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	425914  
deniseathedisco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:38 AM   #382
0ptix
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseathedisco View Post
my notification center isn't transparent after updating to ios7 beta 4 help!
Go into the Accessibility settings and make sure 'Increase Contrast' is Off.
0ptix is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 08:40 AM   #383
Aidyn's X
macrumors regular

Today

Has anyone else noticed that in the today part of notification center it now tells you how far you are away from places you would normally be at that time. For instance it tells me how long it would take me to drive to work because it knows I am usually there. Is this new?
Aidyn's X is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 08:41 AM   #384
Smith288
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidyn's X View Post
Has anyone else noticed that in the today part of notification center it now tells you how far you are away from places you would normally be at that time. For instance it tells me how long it would take me to drive to work because it knows I am usually there. Is this new?
Yea, there's plenty of threads about it.
Smith288 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 03:43 PM   #385
C DM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidyn's X View Post
New in iOS 7, but been there since beta 1.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:42 AM   #386
tigress666
macrumors 68040

Ugh, the phone app is getting even uglier!!!! I miss the black phone UI. The white one is ok I guess, but that new one is fugly! Ugh! It reminds me of the old phones we used back in the 80's (with cords and everything).
Old Aug 2, 2013, 03:55 PM   #387
devilofspades
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjwilly View Post
Nope.
eBay was updated in July after the iOS7 beta testing began.
I'll bet that you did update without realizing it.
i'll take that bet!

give me a break. you really think someone who develops ios software is incompitant enough not to realize how and when they updated an app? get out of here. not all of us pirate ios beta builds off the interwebs. some of us actually get them from apple for doing...guess what...beta testing...

i'm sure you can find this on your own if you are a registered developer, but apple specifically states you can not use beta software to publish apps to the app store. since you need xcode 5 dp (which is beta) to deploy ios 7 (which is also beta) apps...i think you get where i am going with this.
devilofspades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:16 PM   #388
smac.css
macrumors newbie

I haven't really paid attention to Siri, so I don't know how long this had been around, but if you activate Siri and tap the help button, you can scroll up to see what you asked it last.
smac.css is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2013, 01:26 PM   #389
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilofspades View Post
i'll take that bet!

give me a break. you really think someone who develops ios software is incompitant enough not to realize how and when they updated an app? get out of here. not all of us pirate ios beta builds off the interwebs. some of us actually get them from apple for doing...guess what...beta testing...

i'm sure you can find this on your own if you are a registered developer, but apple specifically states you can not use beta software to publish apps to the app store. since you need xcode 5 dp (which is beta) to deploy ios 7 (which is also beta) apps...i think you get where i am going with this.
Read through your convo, and first..You do know that iOS 7 includes an auto update feature, meaning an app can update on your phone with you doing nothing to initiate it, right?

And also, several app updates have come through with mention of iOS 7 in the release notes. Since you're a developer, you must know then that there is a difference between implementing iOS 7 APIs (which you cannot do until iOS 7 is officially released), and optimizing current code to fix your app crashing on devices running iOS 7.

And, specifically regarding eBay, it crashed, then, one day, was updated and began to work. There were tons of posts immediately after the app update to let others know that the app now worked. And, guess what, this was mid-week, AKA was not caused by a beta update.

So..
Tyler23 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion