Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eahdawn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
I updated to the iOS7 GM, and have found no problems at all. I read a lot about it slowing down performance/lagging, and have found none of that.

I say you should update, if you're on the edge.

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I too haven't really had much issues in lag, except changing wallpapers. Seems they have forgotten to add the animation for the choice text.

But still, I think they need to do some optimising for the larger screen. Folders for instance

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I think others are experiencing lag because of the retina display. But same here, very few problems on my iPad 2. There is a slight lag with multitasking gestures though.

Last edited:

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
I updated to the iOS7 GM, and have found no problems at all. I read a lot about it slowing down performance/lagging, and have found none of that.

I say you should update, if you're on the edge.

Did you fresh install no restore from iCloud? I installed gm on iPad 3 from an iCloud back up and had lots of trouble. Lag, apple apps crashing, and email completely broken. Did a fresh install and set up iPad like new device. Works great now. I will be putting 7 on my gf iPad 2 when it's available ota.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.