Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will Briggs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Hello,

I recently restored my iPod touch (hardware wise) to factory condition by installing a new digitizer, mid section, battery and back-plate.

**Please note since the repair the power button has stopped working - But I know how to fix that**

Since the repair, the device has not been able to boot up fully, when powered on, the device stays at the apple logo boot screen for about 10 seconds, then powers off, (because its plugged in - It repeats this cycle again and again).

I am running the latest firmware for my iPod which is iOS 3.13
I know I am not the only person who has this problem, but I could not draw a conclusion from any other posts like this that enabled me to recover it.

PLEASE NOTE :
When i try to recover the iPod by plugging it into my computer and holding the power button (DFU Mode?) - It works fine (connect to itunes screen), but then when i try to restore it with itunes, it gets ready to restore after extracting the hardware. But it needs to reboot to extract it on the ipod, so it gets stuck in the stupid apple boot up logo cycle that I explained earlier.

Any help? Its rather annoying and I would like to sort it out.

Thanks - Will

Will Briggs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Solved

SOLVED

Not really sure how, but after posting my thread, I opened my iPod back up to try and out the power button into function, and I noticed a small ammount of tape was missing over one of the logic boards components (I had forgot to replace it after installing upgrades)

Since then I have managed to restore my iPod no problem, and everything is working on it (Apart from the power button)

Thanks anywho :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.