Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:11 PM   #1
nbunker
macrumors newbie

Netflix on Iphone 5

Is anyone else having problems with Netflix on their iPhone 5's or on 6.0/6.0.1? I couldn't get it to work on either. If I open the app it just gets stuck on the opening start up screen no matter how long I wait. The only way i've managed to get it to open is if i delete it and reinstall it each time i want to use it.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:45 PM   #2
SCIONTX
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbunker View Post
Is anyone else having problems with Netflix on their iPhone 5's or on 6.0/6.0.1? I couldn't get it to work on either. If I open the app it just gets stuck on the opening start up screen no matter how long I wait. The only way i've managed to get it to open is if i delete it and reinstall it each time i want to use it.
A new version became available today. Is that one causing issues?
SCIONTX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:21 AM   #3
nbunker
macrumors newbie

haha i didn't even see there was an update when i posted this. I just downloaded it and still the same exact problem. Netflix used to work perfectly fine on my previous iPhones but i've had no such luck since i got my 5
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:26 AM   #4
kfergiez
macrumors 6502

I'm not having problems at all... In fact, it's mind-blowingly fast.

The FIRST time I launched it, Netflix hung on the opening page, but after quitting and relaunching, it worked just fine.
kfergiez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:28 AM   #5
Rajani Isa
macrumors 6502a

Occasionally it wil lhang like that for me - one night I couldn't shake it.

never deleted/re-installed, just would close it fully (hold home) and that usually fixed it for me.
Rajani Isa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:36 AM   #6
nbunker
macrumors newbie

That's strange, I had been doing some research and couldn't find much aside from the occassional bad review in the app store saying they couldn't get it to open but nothing helpful. I wonder if it has anything to do with me restoring from previous back ups when i got it? For what it's worth it runs perfectly fine if i delete/reinstall it until i exit out of it then i can't get it to start back up without deleting it again.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6