Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

george-brooks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
One of my accounts in Apple Mail (in 10.8) can receive e-mail but cannot send. I don't care about this so much, as it is my secondary account and I prefer to send e-mail and replies from my main account. But when I forget to switch the address that the reply is being sent from, I get a message that the port cannot be reached and the email goes away. It always comes back later and asks me to try again, but it takes forever!! The composed message doesn't seem to be in any folder in mail, either. The outbox does not show up. How can I find the message to try to send again!?

Thanks

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
One of my accounts in Apple Mail (in 10.8) can receive e-mail but cannot send. I don't care about this so much, as it is my secondary account and I prefer to send e-mail and replies from my main account. But when I forget to switch the address that the reply is being sent from, I get a message that the port cannot be reached and the email goes away. It always comes back later and asks me to try again, but it takes forever!! The composed message doesn't seem to be in any folder in mail, either. The outbox does not show up. How can I find the message to try to send again!?

Thanks

Please click to trouble shoot.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3276

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.