Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:19 AM   #1
azmacguy
macrumors newbie

Stumped- Need help from the community

Greetings fellow Apple fans

Let me get right to my issue. I can no longer text or view text images in landscape mode. All other applications work fine when switching from portrait/landscape. However, when it comes to sending text messages the phone will not switch to landscape view.

My wife has the same iPhone as I (4-iOS 6) and she is able to text in landscape. I'm stumped- any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers!
azmacguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:30 AM   #2
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmacguy View Post
Greetings fellow Apple fans

Let me get right to my issue. I can no longer text or view text images in landscape mode. All other applications work fine when switching from portrait/landscape. However, when it comes to sending text messages the phone will not switch to landscape view.

My wife has the same iPhone as I (4-iOS 6) and she is able to text in landscape. I'm stumped- any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Do you have the orientation lock on?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:33 AM   #3
azmacguy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
Thank you for your suggestion. This was the first thing I checked- it is not on.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:35 AM   #4
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
Oh hey I lived in Boston MA for a while, near the copley back bay area. I know I know, irrelevant lol.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:07 AM   #5
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgieAcevedo View Post
Oh hey I lived in Boston MA for a while, near the copley back bay area. I know I know, irrelevant lol.
Now THIS is not funny and irrelevant. Laughing at your own joke, I see.
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:08 AM   #6
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC300 View Post
Now THIS is not funny and irrelevant. Laughing at your own joke, I see.
Exactly
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:08 AM   #7
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgieAcevedo View Post
Exactly
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:12 AM   #8
Mliii
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Mliii Send a message via Yahoo to Mliii Send a message via Skype™ to Mliii
An obvious solution and you've probably done this but have you tried doing a hard reset?
(Press the Home button and the Sleep-Wake button on th top of the phone simultaneously till the Apple Icon appears, keep holding and let it cycle through again till the Apple Icon appears again and release)
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:44 PM   #9
azmacguy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mliii View Post
An obvious solution and you've probably done this but have you tried doing a hard reset?
(Press the Home button and the Sleep-Wake button on th top of the phone simultaneously till the Apple Icon appears, keep holding and let it cycle through again till the Apple Icon appears again and release)
It worked! You good sir are awesome! I had forgot about the hard-reset! Thank you for your help!

Cheers!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:27 PM   #10
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

What I almost forgot was a forum like this is meant for people to ask questions on how to fix their devices if something goes wrong. Strange thing is you never really see threads like this and mostly have threads about people complaining because nothing really goes wrong with these phones.

Anyway I am glad you were able to fix your issue. I wish the forum would be more like this than people bickering
Prime85 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:33 PM   #11
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
What I almost forgot was a forum like this is meant for people to ask questions on how to fix their devices if something goes wrong. Strange thing is you never really see threads like this and mostly have threads about people complaining because nothing really goes wrong with these phones.

Anyway I am glad you were able to fix your issue. I wish the forum would be more like this than people bickering
It's possible that there aren't as many of these types of threads because most issues have already been discussed here and people are searching instead of starting new threads.

Unlikely...but possible.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:55 AM   #12
Mliii
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Mliii Send a message via Yahoo to Mliii Send a message via Skype™ to Mliii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post

That's why a lot of us stick around- not to engage in silly arguments, but to help and be helped by others. It's mostly a good community with good help available when it's needed.
Glad OP's problem is solved!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone