Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
So after seeing the stories of the swiss railway clock licensing deal that erroneously (?) stated that the swiss railway clock appeared on the iphone 5, i bought one, but unfortunately the same boring clock from the previous iphones are all i can see. Is there a way to get the swiss one on the iphone 5?

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
So after seeing the stories of the swiss railway clock licensing deal that erroneously (?) stated that the swiss railway clock appeared on the iphone 5, i bought one, but unfortunately the same boring clock from the previous iphones are all i can see. Is there a way to get the swiss one on the iphone 5?

It was on the iPad only, and I have no idea about getting it on your phone. See if swiss railway has an app? Jailbreak?

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
I also bought the iPhone 5 just to use it as a miniature Swiss railway clock, and I was equally disappointed.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Only available through Siri. Surprisingly, the SRC shows up on my iPhone with 5.1.1 through Siri too.

"What is the time?"

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Swissclockgate!

I bought it just for the clock too! It must be defective clock skinning, or somehow Apples fault!

Steve must be spinning in his grave!

This is unacceptable. I have returned 9 trying to get the clock. So far nothing.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

There seems to have been a bunch of things Forstall missed in unifying iOS 6 between the iPad and iPhone. For example, iOS 6 Music controls are not reflected on the lock screen, but will be with 6.1.

So maybe we'll see this look on 6.1 ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.