Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gagaliya

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
I use the ipad iphoto create journal feature extensively to organize, store and share my photos with friends & family. But very surprised to find it doesnt exist for the mountain lion version on the imac i just got :confused:

I thought the desktop version suppose to have more features and advanced than the ios version,so what gives? Why didnt apple include the ability to create and publish journals for the mac iphoto? what are the alternatives? I have my camera wireless synced to my imac via eye-fi, and dont want to copy all the photos to ipad and use its tiny screen to edit just to be able to create a journal. :( That's one of the reason i got the 27" imac in the first place.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
While Apple have made some small improvements to the iLife Applications (which includes iPhoto) most of these are to do with improving the integration with iCloud and the iOS version. I am sure this feature is going to be implemented, Apple is somewhat overdue with a more significant update to iLife and its office suite iWork. iWork had its large major update in 2009. iLife 11 was released in Oct 2010.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.