Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:50 AM   #26
C DM
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroony View Post
When your phone is turned off, texts still come trough after you switch it back on and if people are not smart enough to leave a quick message on voice mail, they should just not call you in the first place, or just try again later if it's that important.

Sometimes, it's quite healthy not to be reachable for a while.
Understood, I was just mentioning that based on the OP the desired outcome that was being sought is a state where nothing comes through except for calls and texts (not that they could be checked later, but that they actually come through). This particular scenario, while certainly a valid one and a good one for situations of this sort, wouldn't quite address the part about calls and texts coming through unfortunately.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:15 PM   #27
cynics
macrumors 603

In similar situations I just use the do not disturb option and check it every so often when I take a break.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:19 PM   #28
C DM
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by C DM View Post
Understood, I was just mentioning that based on the OP the desired outcome that was being sought is a state where nothing comes through except for calls and texts (not that they could be checked later, but that they actually come through). This particular scenario, while certainly a valid one and a good one for situations of this sort, wouldn't quite address the part about calls and texts coming through unfortunately.
Thinking a little more about this, it does seem that short of using Do Not Disturb that would only allow calls through and not texts, one of the solutions to only limit things to just calls and texts would be to do what was proposed in one of the first few replies:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappyfool View Post
It would be nice to be able to disable all notifications easily.

As a workaround for now, for your situation the easiest thing to do might be to turn off mobile data and wifi, that should stop nearly all notifications (you may have some local scheduled notifications) whilst allowing calls and texts to come in.
C DM is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:03 PM   #29
white4s
macrumors 6502a

sounds like you should just pay attention to class/studying and worry about talking to people when youre done
white4s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:09 PM   #30
cyks
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by white4s View Post
sounds like you should just pay attention to class/studying and worry about talking to people when youre done
For all you know, he's working on a group project and needs to be in touch with the other students.

Just because you don't seem to find issue with his problem doesn't mean that it isn't a legit issue for some.

Heck, I have a family friend in the hospital that I'm waiting to hear the status updates on. Sucks that there's no way to silence my phone and still allow texts to go through. Either it vibrates for every email and alert or I have to activate DnD and constantly check to make sure I haven't missed anything.
cyks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:27 PM   #31
C DM
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by white4s View Post
Who cares? Does this deal with the question that was asked? No, it's rather irrelevant and pointless.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6