Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
My work exchange account is quite locked down - it won't work on any Windows PC other than my work provided one, and no iPhone other than my work provided one using Good for Enterprise.

I can, however, use it on my Mac both with Outlook 2011 and Calendar, probably due to an oversight rather than policy.

I want my work calendar on my own iPhone. I can't add the account directly in Settings. Outlook 2011 doesn't sync with anything other than Exchange. Surely there must be some way of getting Calendar on Mac to sync with Calendar on iPhone? It used to work via iTunes, but now even though iCloud calendars are disabled and the Exchange account is ticked in the iTunes Info panel, it doesn't sync, with or without a wire.

I have OSX 10.8.2, iTunes 11.01(12), iOS 6.1. I have recently jail broken, but this issue predated that.

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
You bypass using iTunes and sync directly to Exchange account.

Sync Outlook for Mac calendars and contacts to iPhone

Thanks for taking the time to respond, but please read the question. I can't sync directly, due to the locked down server settings. That's an IT policy decision that I don't have the authority to change, and the CEO has made it quite clear that it isn't going to.

The link you posted is also way out of date - Sync services worked for about a week after Outlook 2011 was launched, and hasn't worked since, and MS have no plans to allow CalDav syncing like every other Calendar client in the world.

Forget about Outlook.

The Exchange calendar works in Calendar (neé iCal) on my Mac, but it won't sync to my iPhone via iTunes despite all the boxes being ticked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.