Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:10 AM   #1
paddy
macrumors 6502a
 
paddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: TN
ATV 3 Flicker at 1080p

Hey everyone,

I have a 1080p capable tv, but when ATV (2012) outputs at 1080p (or 1080i at 60 or 50 Hz) I get flickering picture and sound, with the result that I have to downgrade to 720p.

I've upgraded software/restarted/checked different ports but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
__________________
"I've got a monetary policy and it involves a lot of toner"
paddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:24 AM   #2
Irishman
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Hey everyone,

I have a 1080p capable tv, but when ATV (2012) outputs at 1080p (or 1080i at 60 or 50 Hz) I get flickering picture and sound, with the result that I have to downgrade to 720p.

I've upgraded software/restarted/checked different ports but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
How long have you had the ATV?
How long has it being doing this?
Irishman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:21 PM   #3
paddy
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
paddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
How long have you had the ATV?
How long has it being doing this?
Bought it last week, happened from day one!
__________________
"I've got a monetary policy and it involves a lot of toner"
paddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 03:24 PM   #4
blueroom
macrumors 603
 
blueroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Try changing / shortening your HDMI cable.
__________________
My iOS devices are not jailbroken.
Bill
My Blog
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:35 AM   #5
Irishman
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Bought it last week, happened from day one!
You may have gotten a lemon.

Is returning it an option?
Irishman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:31 PM   #6
paddy
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
paddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
You may have gotten a lemon.

Is returning it an option?
Should be. I'd just like to know if it's my tv or not.

Thanks for the advice!
__________________
"I've got a monetary policy and it involves a lot of toner"
paddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:01 PM   #7
Irishman
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Should be. I'd just like to know if it's my tv or not.

Thanks for the advice!
Shouldn't be your TV (can't be 100% sure based on what we know), but replacing the ATV is far cheaper than replacing your TV.
Irishman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Tags
1080p, apple tv, atv, flicker

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC