Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Does anyone know why new episodes of shows bought as a "Season Pass" don't show up until 3 or 4 am? Is it a licensing deal with the studios/networks, or just how long it takes to be delivered through various servers?

It's a shame, because for all the talk of iTV or whatnot, I think this is a great existing solution. Last summer, I bought season passes for Mad Men, Louie, and Breaking Bad. I spent as much or less as I would have on a month of cable, and watched all of my favorite shows airing at the time.

It's just a shame that I still end up pirating new episodes if I'm eager to watch them that night, because Apple takes forever to push them out through iTunes. It seems like it should be possible to make them available as soon as they air, just like HBO does on HBOGo.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Does anyone know why new episodes of shows bought as a "Season Pass" don't show up until 3 or 4 am? Is it a licensing deal with the studios/networks, or just how long it takes to be delivered through various servers?
It's yo give you the opportunity to watch it live with the associated commercials if you really want to see it the same day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.