Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mufaro89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
OK so my problem is my Mac book screen is black after googling I realized I sorta broke the link to the display connector,I have read your guide on how to hook up a Mac book pro to a TV/HDMI display would this still work for me ?even though I have no way of seeing the screen on my Mac if I hooked the cords/adaptors up to my Mac and closed the lid would it still switch to HDMI display on my vizio please and ty

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
OK so my problem is my Mac book screen is black after googling I realized I sorta broke the link to the display connector,I have read your guide on how to hook up a Mac book pro to a TV/HDMI display would this still work for me ?even though I have no way of seeing the screen on my Mac if I hooked the cords/adaptors up to my Mac and closed the lid would it still switch to HDMI display on my vizio please and ty

Hooking the MacBook Pro up to the TV should work as long as the computer still boots up when turned on. As for closing the lid, it depends on if you have it set to go to sleep when the lid is closed, etc. Also, closing the lid on a laptop hooked up to a television wouldn't do you any good unless you had an external keyboard and mouse.

Give it a shot and hook it up. It should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.