Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
o i saw in the house down my street, a macintosh 128 k 3 apple 2's and about 15 apple 2cs!!!!! ok do you think i should call the guy and ask him abbout selling them?

Aug 5, 2012
So you went looking through a persons windows, in to their home without permission?!

You're lucky they didnt call the police

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
Yes and no

I would say going to his door would be okay, but better not sound too creepy about how you saw his apples.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Well actually it was a garage but I saw them while dropping off some stuff at his trift store. He also builds trailers for parades and that's where I saw them

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
Well the time is right, and now

Go for it. Especially if they are not displayed. Means he's just waiting for the right person to take the off his hands.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
ok i am calling him tomorrow. what do you think i should ask?

I saw those cool vintage Apples when doing that job. Are you interested in selling any of them.

Look at the ones he is willing to sell. Then try making an offer on those you do want. If he asks too much you can try to haggle the price down individually or package them for a volume discount.

robivy64

macrumors member
May 29, 2004
Fort Worth, TX
Obviously things did not work out or there would have been a "O hay guyz look what I got" post.

I suspect "get off my lawn!" and a shotgun might have been involved.

youngunner-2

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2012
So, while i was building a life-size Bart Simpson float for this parade, some random scraggly guy walks up and asks about some old mac's he saw while snooping through the garage, how much should i ask?

:nododgy:

zObsidian

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2010
Apple Nerd, you should probably offer something modest, like $50 and see where it goes. Offer too much and he'll realize there is some value to it.

youngrunner, you should ask for $1000. Clearly this guy knows it's worth a lot as a collector's item. If he doesn't buy it for at least that much, someone else will.

tumblr_lxjm4n4umw1rn1xxfo1_400.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.