Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gc15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Alright so i bought a book on my ipad, but for some reason when i sync it to my computer, the book doesnt show up in my itunes. I dont know another way to start the transfer. Any advice?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Alright so i bought a book on my ipad, but for some reason when i sync it to my computer, the book doesnt show up in my itunes. I dont know another way to start the transfer. Any advice?

You can go back to your 'Purchased' section from the iTunes Store and re-download the book again so it'll be in iTunes. It won't charge you again.

Did you try accessing it with the iBooks app?

In iTunes? The OP can't find the book in iTunes.

gc15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
what if im doing it a different computer, as long as im loged in on my account it will still download correct?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
what if im doing it a different computer, as long as im loged in on my account it will still download correct?

Yes, but I highly recommend keeping your all of your library on one machine. It will make it much easier to browse and keep organized.

gc15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
I'm actually converting all my iTune files from my old computer to my Mac. The reason I asked about the book is because it wasn't in my iTunes on my old computer so I didn't wanna lose something that I paid for, you know.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I'm actually converting all my iTune files from my old computer to my Mac. The reason I asked about the book is because it wasn't in my iTunes on my old computer so I didn't wanna lose something that I paid for, you know.

Gotcha. While everything is available via your 'Purchased' section, it's always better to keep a local copy in the event your app/book/media gets removed from the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.