|Nov 14, 2012, 12:24 AM||#26|
1. No ram upgradeability on the 21.
2. No optical (yes, the way of the dodo. I know... )
3. New design with underpowered graphics
3 reasons I should have gone with the new one:
1. New design
2. No optical...
3. The mid2011 is just as challenged (or more so) in the graphics dept.
Side Rant: I can get a 2gb graphics card in a mid-level piece of craptop. The reason the new iMacs don't ship with a 2GB as standard, would be what?
"I'll buy almost anything if it's shiny and made by Apple..."
-Macbook Wheel Ad
|Nov 14, 2012, 03:02 AM||#27|
The actual new iMac models are
Where the XX is the local code. For example the full US model is MD093LL/A
For the UK store the XX code is replaced with B (Britain ?) so the full model no. is MD093B/A and the right link is:
So for the German store the link is :
and so on.
As soon as you know your local store product code (LL,B,D...) you can build up the right URL.
You can easily find out this code by visiting an existing product on it (MacBook Pro) and taking note the last 1 or 2 letters:
By the way, on a side note though in the iMacs case, when you go to the URLs, you are first redirected to a Product Not Available page (http://store.apple.com/us/not_available) and then to the Shopping Cart page.
For what it's worth...
|Nov 14, 2012, 05:05 AM||#28|
iPod Nano 1st Gen | iPad 16GB 1st Gen (wifi+3G) | iPhone 5 16GB (Currently using iPhone 4) | iMac Late 2012 (1st iMac) | iPad Mini with Retina Display
|Nov 14, 2012, 10:26 AM||#29|
Early 2011 MacBook Pro 17" with antiglare & iPhone 5s 32GB
PS3 & PS Vita
|Nov 29, 2012, 07:35 AM||#31|
About 73% of my daily mental energy is being directed at getting a new iMac. There are reasons for my madness:
(2) I started buying Apples with the Apple //e, had a solar-powered Apple //c for many years, a Mac Classic, and then this iBook which just refuses to die proudly (with a puff of smoke and attendant sparks).
(3) I am an Apple stockholder... got in at $40---and am not in the least bit concerned about the recent stock price plunge.
(4) Just two months ago I was laying in a V.A. hospital, was given just 50/50 odds of making it out alive... and told God that if I were spared, I would vow to be a better person, start hugging everyone instead of just offering a handshake, buy and fly the biggest American flag from my porch (in spite of a long lifetime of solid liberal leanings)... and I promised that I would treat myself to a new iMac just as soon as an update became available.
Did I leave anything out?
PS: I don't give a rat's a** about how thin the new iMacs are. If it were 4" thick at the edges, available only in green and orange stripes, and included a super drive, I would be a lot happier.
|Nov 29, 2012, 07:45 AM||#32|
Seems these would be in the system already, long before they're available for purchase. Either way, they're coming and may or may not be delivered in time for the holiday.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Apple Halts In-Store Pickup Option for iPhone 5s Orders in Online Store||MacRumors||iOS Blog Discussion||61||Oct 26, 2013 11:15 AM|
|If I buy online and specify instore pickup and pay online what does Apple Store do?||kapalua12||iPhone||7||Oct 3, 2013 08:53 PM|
|Apple Store-5S now available for online order & in store pickup||karmatourer||iPhone||1||Sep 30, 2013 10:28 AM|
|It's official: Apple confirms that new 2012 iMacs DO NOT support VESA mounting...||Relznuk||iMac||17||Dec 21, 2012 05:42 AM|
|Interesting apple store being updated||AshMan||iPhone||0||Sep 12, 2012 09:48 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.