Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandipsah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Hi,
I am not able to use my Huawei E303C Datacard with new MacBook Pro 13" i7 Mid 2012 model (Mountain Lion OS). :(
When I insert Datacard in USB, green light keeps blinking, But Mobile Partner app (Huawei E303C Datacard default app) says "Device not found". Even if I keep it connected for more than an hour.
This Datacard is working all fine in iMac 2010 (Mountain Lion) and MacBook Pro 2011 (Snow Leopard).

Please help,
Thanks
:)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-30 at 1.30.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-30 at 1.30.03 AM.png
    749.6 KB · Views: 2,161
Last edited:

sandipsah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Solved - Huawei E303C Datacard is not detecting in new MacBook Pro (Mountain Lion OS)

Thanks to the USB hub, Now Huawei E303C Datacard is working all fine in my new MacBook Pro 13" i7 Mid 2012 model. :)
For experiment purpose, I purchased one USB 2.0 hub (Unknown Chinese model).:confused:
I connected Datacard to USB hub and USB hub to MacBook Pro USB port.
Hurray!! Datacard is detected by MacBook Pro.:apple:

So, the problem is with MacBook Pro's new USB ports (USB 2.0 and 3.0 integrated) and Huawei E303C Datacard.
It is a hardware support issue with Huawei E303C Datacard.

Enjoy :)

sivapragadeesh

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
It Worked

I was going mad after finding that my New Macbook pro is not detecting the New Data card Huawei E303C which I bought after reading so much review but Thanks a lot! your thread worked for me :)

Thanks!

n.siddarthan

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
e303c dongle

it is an been an hectic trying to install the e303c dongle , I tried many ways but I couldn't figure out how to connect it to a mac book pro 13 series which as a mountain lion. If any of the readers knows how to install the mobile partner for it please to help me out .

hardware: macbookpro 13 series.
problem: cant find a way to instal the e303c software and use it .:mad:

gautiselvaraj

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
Green light blinks but device not found.

Hello guys I am also facing the same problem, I have mac pro 13inch i5. when i connect my huawei E303c datacard the green light blinks but I there is nothing more. Can anyone give me link to download mobile partner?

Thanks in advance.

mag01

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
Hello, SW and drivers for OS X 10.8 could be downloaded from:
Code:
http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/downLoadCenter?category=&flay=software&downloadID=NDY2NjY=
(HUAWEI_DataCard_ClientSoftware_MACB009D05SP00C983(for Mac OS 10.8) )

See also
Code:
http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=index&type=software
for the complete list where you can search for whatever you want.

amit10

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2012
I purchase huawai e303c data card from flipkart after confirmation from them that its working on mac 10.4.11. But the device not support. Pls guide

lukedesigns

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2016
Solved - Huawei E303C Datacard is not detecting in new MacBook Pro (Mountain Lion OS)

Thanks to the USB hub, Now Huawei E303C Datacard is working all fine in my new MacBook Pro 13" i7 Mid 2012 model. :)
For experiment purpose, I purchased one USB 2.0 hub (Unknown Chinese model).:confused:
I connected Datacard to USB hub and USB hub to MacBook Pro USB port.
Hurray!! Datacard is detected by MacBook Pro.:apple:

So, the problem is with MacBook Pro's new USB ports (USB 2.0 and 3.0 integrated) and Huawei E303C Datacard.
It is a hardware support issue with Huawei E303C Datacard.

Enjoy :)

I'm having the same problem. Do you know if a usb 2.0 cable with male and female ends will work or does it have to be a usb hub? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.