Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Without doubt...great images captured with a very obvious talent Tim. I'm sure the Daily Bruin is lucky to have you on board. I'm looking forward to seeing further development of your site.

Mind if I ask what gear you're using?

Peter

Last edited:

AirborneAngel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Without doubt...great images captured with a very obvious talent Tim. I'm sure the Daily Bruin is lucky to have you on board. I'm looking forward to seeing further development of your site.

Mind if I ask what gear you're using?

Peter

Thanks so much!

I'm currently using a Canon 1D Mark III and Canon 40D as my main bodies with a combination of 70-200 f/2.8L, 17-40 f/4L and a 50 f/1.8 lenses, pretty simple but gets the job done.

Last edited:

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Simple is good Tim and quality is even better.

I would imagine that the Mark III and 70-200 2.8 combo is working very well for you in your shots. I have the Nikon 70-200 2.8...best photography purchase I've made. :)

Keep up the great work. You should post some of your shots in the Photo of the Day thread...there aren't many sport shots being posted there. If you have...sorry I missed them.

Cheers,
Peter

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
Thanks so much!

I'm currently using a Canon 1D Mark III and Canon 40D as my main bodies with a combination of 70-200 f/2.8L, 17-40 f/4L and a 50 f/1.8 lenses, pretty simple but gets the job done.

I like your work very much. I think your choice of lenses are excellent too. Are any of these images "enhanced" via Photoshop or similar? Btw, you might try for fun to convert to black and white and use a "Tri-X" type filter for grain as it would create a nice additional dimension to some of the images you have shown. - Again very very nice and you do yourself and the Daily Bruin proud.

AirborneAngel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I like your work very much. I think your choice of lenses are excellent too. Are any of these images "enhanced" via Photoshop or similar? Btw, you might try for fun to convert to black and white and use a "Tri-X" type filter for grain as it would create a nice additional dimension to some of the images you have shown. - Again very very nice and you do yourself and the Daily Bruin proud.

Thank you! None of these images are really enhanced - my editing process usually involves removing noise, slightly tweaking exposure/white balance, and pumping a slight amount of contrast into the photo if it requires it - other than that nope! (Gotta love the 1Dmk3 files)

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
You should submit your images to The Grid when they do their monthly blind critique sessions. This month they had Dave Black as a guest reviewer, and he's very well known in the sports photography area. Look for The Grid on kelbymediagroup.com. It is a weekly free online photography show.

AirborneAngel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Looks like a nike ad

Funny cause UCLA is sponsored by Adidas

----------

You should submit your images to The Grid when they do their monthly blind critique sessions. This month they had Dave Black as a guest reviewer, and he's very well known in the sports photography area. Look for The Grid on kelbymediagroup.com. It is a weekly free online photography show.

Thanks! I'll give it a look

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.