Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Quite impressed with your video.

I wouldn't want a phone that large - the iPhone 5 is the limit for physical size I'd find comfortable to use and carry around in my pocket.

CalmEnvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
The video is nice however I would never need a phone that large. I find the 3.5" on my iPhone 4 to be perfectly fine so when I upgrade to the 4" I'll most likely be fine with that screen size forever. My brother has the SIII and I find that phone to be way to big for me. I know everyone has their preferences so this would be great for people who would want a larger screen size but it wouldn't be perfect for me. I hardly watch videos as it is on my iPhone, mostly music, texting and browsing.

Alx9876

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2008
NorCal
I really think the new HTC One 4.7 inch is exactly the right size.

4.7 inch being the smallest and 5 inches being the biggest.

chevy57

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2009
5'7" is not a phone. It is a tablet.

Phablet. not tablet. It means phone + tablet. A phablet, as the name suggests, is a device that combines the voice-calling capabilities of a smartphone with the larger display sizes of a tablet. Bigger than a smartphone, but not large enough to be a tablet, the screen size of a phablet falls in the 5″ to 7″ region.

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
If they do, I think they're going to have to do a range of phones, I'm personally not too bothered about a huge phone, but I know some Apple customers want one, so they should keep the iPhone 5 screen size, do the "cheaper" iPhone with the size of the 4S or 5 screen and then the 6 with a 5"+ screen to keep all customers happy

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Do you also hope that, say... Apple TV or the Macbook White should never be launched, just because you wouldn't want to use it?

If Apple replaced the current iPhone screen size with that, then I would absolutely not want them to launch it.

Honestly I cannot see the appeal of a phone larger than 5 inches. I can barely see the appeal of a phone larger than 4.5 inches. If your vision is so bad you can't see an HD screen at 5 inches than a smartphone is probably the least of your concerns. If you're a screen hog then perhaps you should get a tablet.

The day Apple stops making a 4-inch screen iPhone that's NOT a budget model (i.e. a flagship 4 inch screen) is the day I drop the iPhone.

lcmazza

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
If Apple replaced the current iPhone screen size with that, then I would absolutely not want them to launch it.

Honestly I cannot see the appeal of a phone larger than 5 inches. I can barely see the appeal of a phone larger than 4.5 inches. If your vision is so bad you can't see an HD screen at 5 inches than a smartphone is probably the least of your concerns. If you're a screen hog then perhaps you should get a tablet.

The day Apple stops making a 4-inch screen iPhone that's NOT a budget model (i.e. a flagship 4 inch screen) is the day I drop the iPhone.

Not all Apple users are spoiled kids who think that their taste fits everyone else's. Nor Apple thinks that way either, that's why there are multiple screen sizes for Macs and the iPad (obviously two ATM).

Jeffrey Jeff

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2013
Personally, I hope not.

Much too big. Might as well stuff a Mini in your pocket.

But, then, I don't watch movies on my iPhone, and for my purposes it is quite large enough as it is.:D

It's too big imo. I played with my friend's S4 this week and it wasn't comfortable to use, made me appreciate my iPhone's screen size a bit more

I'm convinced it looks like crap.

mite as well get the iPad mini, lmao

all these people i quoted will be in line when a bigger phone comes out.

----------

mite as well get the iPad mini, lmao

yes because that makes total sense.

an iPad mini does not:

send text messages
make phone calls

iMessage ≠ not text messages
skype/facetime ≠ not phone calls

I would so buy that. It's not for everyone, but that's why Apple would keep the current 4-inch model.

yes, and for whatever reason, this is a concept that is so hard to grasp on these damn forums. i lose brain cells reading posts in this thread/other threads claiming that YOU DON'T NEED A BIGGER PHONE BECAUSE I ****ING SAID SO, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN BUY AN ANDROID.

how bout you go buy an android if you don't like the iPhone 5"? how does that sound?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.