Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevo8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Purchased a white 16g mini for a gift and apple stated it delivers dec 21st by 2-3business days. Since the 21st is a fri and three business days could put it to the 25th in which case mail wont be running, is there any chance Ill get screwed by a day and it wont show, or has apple been pretty good with expected delivery dates?

MacIke

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2003
The Frigid Wasteland of MN
Purchased a white 16g mini for a gift and apple stated it delivers dec 21st by 2-3business days. Since the 21st is a fri and three business days could put it to the 25th in which case mail wont be running, is there any chance Ill get screwed by a day and it wont show, or has apple been pretty good with expected delivery dates?

I bought mine on Monday morning CST. I was told Dec 14 for delivery. It is sitting in Memphis right now! A solid week ahead of time.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Yes, there's a chance, but not likely.

wytwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2012
I bought mine on Monday morning CST. I was told Dec 14 for delivery. It is sitting in Memphis right now! A solid week ahead of time.

Same with mine. It was suppose to be here for the 12th but is now scheduled for the 6th.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Only on a rare occasion did I get an apple product after the estimated date, so I think the odds are very good, but like anything YMMV and its still a remote possibility

stevo8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Apple is guaranteeing delivery before Christmas. "Order iPad mini by midnight December 5 for guaranteed delivery before Christmas."

What does the guarantee get me if it doesnt show?

AppleChampagne

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012

Why didnt you buy from Tesco Direct, they had lots yesterday, mine is arriving tomorrow;))

Mine is a 32gb 3g though so i suppose they are easier to get than the 16gb wifi's

AC

stevo8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Why didnt you buy from Tesco Direct, they had lots yesterday, mine is arriving tomorrow;))

Mine is a 32gb 3g though so i suppose they are easier to get than the 16gb wifi's

AC

I wanted the ability to return it if its not what she wanted, and since I live right next to a apple store it just made more sense to get it direct.

----------

If it doesn't show, Apple will probably refund any shipping costs.

all $6 lol

AppleChampagne

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
I wanted the ability to return it if its not what she wanted, and since I live right next to a apple store it just made more sense to get it direct.

----------

all $6 lol

Oh right your in the states...

In th UK we are covered by distance selling regulations which mean that if anything is bought over the internet we have 7 days as a return window. UK is generally **** but pretty epic in that regard, lol;)

terminator-jq

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
You may want to try the store pickup option. Just check every night after 10:00pm(pacific time), and it will tell you if a store around you has one in stock. I find it's best to check Monday night and Thursday night. I had the most luck on those days. After you order it, you will be able to go to whatever Apple store you chose and pick it up the next day.

Also, don't limit yourself to Apple store. In my area, the Apple stores were usually out of mini's but my local Best Buy's had plenty of white mini's. Unfortunately, I wanted the black one, so I had to use the store pickup option.

stevo8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
You may want to try the store pickup option. Just check every night after 10:00pm(pacific time), and it will tell you if a store around you has one in stock. I find it's best to check Monday night and Thursday night. I had the most luck on those days. After you order it, you will be able to go to whatever Apple store you chose and pick it up the next day.

Also, don't limit yourself to Apple store. In my area, the Apple stores were usually out of mini's but my local Best Buy's had plenty of white mini's. Unfortunately, I wanted the black one, so I had to use the store pickup option.

I've been trying that but will be out of town for a bit so that won't work. I might try bestbuy and just return it if the one from apple comes in on time.

frankq

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
Little off topic, but the worlds gonna end on December 21, so unless you get it a few days early it won't matter :)

jordanwiseman

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
I ordered mine yesterday and it said "Delivers Dec. 24th". I didn't even know FedEx/UPS ran on Christmas Eve, so any chance I'll get it sooner? I did order before the 5th, which means the whole guaranteed delivery before Christmas thing.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
there is a chance, but if that happens you can just call up and you'll be given a free smart cover and probably some $$$ off as well

grimmwit

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2004
Rio Rancho, NM
Odds are good....

I ordered a 32GB VZ black iPad Mini on 11/25. At the time was slated to ship on 12/14 with delivery on 12/17.

It shipped on 11/30, and is showing delivery due by FedEx on 12/6. It left Memphis this evening.... If it's on a plane, rather than a truck, I'd expect it to deliver tomorrow.

So if my experience is any measure, you should be in good shape.

Grimmwit

stevo8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
UPDATE: on track to be here the 12th! Pretty excited about that. I also found out my girlfriend got me one for Christmas and it will arrive today which is about a week early.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.