Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

williamparky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
I have had an iPhone 5 for about 2 weeks, within the last few days I have had some very weird touch screen problems. Occasionally when unlocking the phone the swipe to lock will bounce up (as if the camera icon is being slid up). Also when using multitouch apps (maps etc) after a while it will begin to zip around randomly, zooming in and out etc. When typing on occasion I am unable to press the O and it selects both I and P at the same time instead. The screen also locks up completely after it has zipped around the screen and I have to lock and unlock to get it to work again.

Its almost as the screen thinks that something is touching it around the I O and P keys.

I have tried a restore to factory settings, restore from iCloud and DFU restore, but the problem persists. Any suggestions? Or anyone else had a similar problem?

I have booked to see a Genius tomorrow.

UPDATE

Looks like I have a row of dead sensors. Downloaded brushes and wasn't able to draw in a strip down right hand side of phone, replacement needed from Apple Store;
1aaf4.png

Last edited:

Hovercraft123

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Please share your solutions....

You can bring it down to Apple and ask for a new one if the problem persists,
Hope it helps...
And by the way, please update us on your solutions from this expert :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.