Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 4, 2013, 07:55 AM   #101
javisan
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastercat View Post
Seriously, if you're unhappy with the screen size, why don't you buy one of those android-based phones with your favorite screen size?
Can I put the iOS on an android-based phone? No right? Well then, I need Apple to make it. I have stated this several times already. I love all apple devices and the ecosystem, just hate the dated design and small screen on the iPhone. And I thank god that he gave me descent hands that can handle a device bigger than the 5.

Let me save you time. You're next response will be: get an iPad, it has a bigger display. Check, I have both iPads. My response will be: can I make regular calls with it? Can it fit nicely in my pocket? No right? Well then, back to square one. Apple needs to make an iPhone with a 4.7 - 5.0 inch screen. Don't worry, I'm also advocating for them to keep the current form factor for the hand challenged people.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 07:58 AM   #102
cynics
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulpfiction View Post
Yeah, I was skeptical too. But after Case Logic put out cases that supported that redesign, and the fact that the "S" version wasn't established at the time, there were a ton of people that bought into the possibility. Take a look at some of the threads posted right after the 4S was announced. There were far more people disappointed, then there were happy. It was a nice upgraded from the 4, but people were very disappointed at the time.

----------

Putting my phone in front of a "frame" that's built into my Mac, would actually be terrible for me. My Mac is in my office, my phone charges in my bedroom. And what's the difference between putting my phone inside a frame, or plugging it in? Nothing (IMO). It might look cool for a few minutes sitting inside a frame. But real world suggests that it's just a gimmick at this point. Android can keep wireless charging right now. Im happy waiting a few more years.
I think there is a big difference. Every time you are sitting in your office your phone is charging, assuming its on you.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 09:42 AM   #103
sulpfiction
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
I think there is a big difference. Every time you are sitting in your office your phone is charging, assuming its on you.
Not really. You have to place it somewhere just like u do when u plug it in. If I could walk into my office and my phone started charging while still in my pocket, that's a different story.
sulpfiction is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2013, 08:45 PM   #104
Jjaro
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulpfiction View Post
Every 4 hrs totally defeats the purpose of a pass code. Might as well just have it off altogether.

I have mine set to 5 minutes, which i still think is right on the cusp of being too long. And I'll admit it is a PIA to constantly enter it. But If someone steals ur phone, u want it to be locked. Or if u leave ur phone somewhere, you'd want it too lock itself in a reasonable amount of time. And like I said, even 5 mins can be a lifetime to a thief. The point is moot if a thief wants to steal ur phone and not give it back. But if ur gonna have a password, at least have it serve some purpose.
If someone steals it, then I am of the opinion that they won't likely go into it for a while, that's why I have it set for four hours. Although, after our little chat here, I think now I'm gonna change it to "after one hour".

And hey, what do you think about it, the sensor, replacing passwords for the iTunes/App store as we'll? I REALLY hope so. I had the new nexus 7 (this years model) for a few weeks (I sold it, not that I didn't like Android, just that I didn't need it) and one of the nice things for that was no password to buy Apps. At least give me the option Apple. I don't have kids and the likelihood of someone trying to buy an App with MY iPhone is next to zero.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 09:56 PM   #105
Ramio
macrumors 6502a

A camera update alone would be worth the upgrade. Since the 4, I stopped buying cameras and only use my iphone...much less hassle. I've taken 1000s of pics with my iphone 5 so hopefully Tuesday ill hear some good news!.
Ramio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:05 PM   #106
spork183
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille Carter View Post
I think Apple has done better keeping things under wrap. But, folks, this is only a S model and even a finger sensor will not do much for most. I would not even use such a thing if it got in the way of me using my phone.

iOS 7 is what interests me the most. Having call blocking is a great and long awaited feature. I can wait for the larger screen of the 6!
Agree on iOS7, but I think it would be sweet if Apple had pulled an end-around on this one: Introduce the iphone 5S, which has been leaked like crazy, and then spring some other, totally unforeseen hardware piece on the faithful.

Would be nice to have just "One More Thing", one more time...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone