Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:37 PM   #26
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyboys View Post
I just have a single question for the OP, why would you want video displayed on your front screen while driving?
Driving can be boring when there are few cars on the road, late at night etc. Watching a movie, texting, even a drink here and there can help pass the time. All done in moderation should be fine.

j/k

Last edited by Givmeabrek; Nov 26, 2012 at 09:16 PM.
Givmeabrek is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:47 PM   #27
meistervu
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw616 View Post
OP poses a valid technology question and somehow this turns into a discussion about watching videos while driving.... wow

I'm in somewhat of the same boat. I have a JVC stereo similar to the OP as well as an iPhone 5. My need for such a way to connect the phone to the car involves my GPS integration from my phone for navigation to be displayed on the screen. Not to mention, my son watches movies on there during long trips as well. (I know, I know, having a video playing while he car is in motion - even one I'm not watching - makes me a horrible human being. I get it)
The temptation may just be too much, like having a bar in your center console.

But I hear you, there are good application for video in a car, like displaying maps. I use my iPhone for that. It's however is better if the display is in a place where you don't have to look down to see the map.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givmeabrek View Post
Driving can be boring when there are few cars on the road, late at night etc. Watching a movie, texting, even a drink here and there can help pass the time. All done in moderation should be fine.
How do you watch a movie in moderation while driving?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:58 PM   #28
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Not sure what to say, other than this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	serious.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	379848  
ucfgrad93 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:17 PM   #29
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

A joke. Just pointing out the obvious insanity. Hence the face at the bottom.
Givmeabrek is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:39 PM   #30
old-wiz
macrumors 604

Quote:
completely illegal and worse as bad as drinking and driving.
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:21 PM   #31
PNutts
macrumors 601

OP: This doesn't answer the question you need answered, but there are Lightning to VGA and Lightning to HDMI cables out now. I haven't looked lately to see if there are Lightning to USB or composite or component.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone