Outlook 2011 Issues - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 28, 2011, 03:32 AM   #26
marc11
macrumors 68000

After about 7 months of struggling with Outlook 2011 and waiting for a failed implementation of sync services I gave up and went back to Apple Mail. MS will no longer get my money. I left the MS world because of crappy, buggy software, and alas I should have known better than to spend money on MS software, even if it was made for a Mac.

I'll take the fan boy lable and stay inside the ecosystem for now on.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:22 PM   #27
Hoffmnron
macrumors newbie

Same issues on lion

I could cry at how poorly office works on the MACBOOK. I do not see a good suggestion here. ANYBODY?
Hoffmnron is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2011, 07:19 PM   #28
marc11
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post
After about 7 months of struggling with Outlook 2011 and waiting for a failed implementation of sync services I gave up and went back to Apple Mail. MS will no longer get my money. I left the MS world because of crappy, buggy software, and alas I should have known better than to spend money on MS software, even if it was made for a Mac.

I'll take the fan boy lable and stay inside the ecosystem for now on.
Same here. I liked the new Office interface from 2008 and was excited about sync services. When they came it was utter crap and a total FAIL. Then the Outlook problems started as mentioned here. After that I just gave up, I had 2008 on my kids computer and 2011 on mine. I deleted 2008 in total, because frankly that interface UI was crap and purchased Pages and Numbers for Mac and Ipad installing it on all our Macs and Devices and switch to Apple Mail.

I still have Office 2011 on my MBP, but only if I need perfect compatability, otherwise I haven't used it in over a month. It is too bad because Office COULD be a great product, but once again MS = Fail.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:58 PM   #29
jonnysods
macrumors 68030

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I hated Entourage, and now that I have Outlook running with Exchange, it runs perfectly. It was everything that I had been waiting since 2004 for.

It's not flawless, but then neither is Mail and iCal.

Running on a 13" i7.
jonnysods is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:17 AM   #30
marc11
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysods View Post
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I hated Entourage, and now that I have Outlook running with Exchange, it runs perfectly. It was everything that I had been waiting since 2004 for.

It's not flawless, but then neither is Mail and iCal.

Running on a 13" i7.
Maybe, but after being forced to rebuild my database countless times for no apparent reason, having mail "notifiers" ring, but never getting the message into my Inbox unless I closed and restarted Outlook, not being able to REALLY sync my calendar with MM or iCal as PROMISED (the BS excuse that Apple changed the standard was lame), not being able to have categories in the Outlook Cal but each category was a new CALENDAR (wtf), not being able to change the defaul name of the calendar, and f'd up system of mailbox folder management and more, I said enough was enough when free versions of Apple Mail and many others offer better stability and just as many features.

I purchased Office 2011 MAINLY for for Outlook and it was like a kick in the crotch when all was said and done.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:21 AM   #31
jskeels
macrumors newbie

Outlook 2011 wipeout after upgrade

Just thought I would put this out there. A few days after the latest update, my Outlook 2011 crashed and restarted and most of my identity had been wiped out. No messages, preferences, accounts, etc. Just a small subset of folders that Outlook interpreted as me being a new user.

I'm running on OSX 10.6.8, and have five mailboxes (2 Exchange, 1 gmail, 3 IMAP), okay six. I did have a fairly recent backup of the identity but did lose my local messages in the crash.

Anyone heard of this happening?

Jack
jskeels is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 11:40 AM   #32
Mac-Dan
macrumors newbie

Outlook endless Beach Ball resolved

I too started having problems with the Mac beach ball appearing every 2-3 minutes for about 15 seconds, regular as clockwork. This started happening around the time that my database got damaged and had to be rebuilt.

After some research, I realized that this was happening at the same time as Outlook for synchronizing with Exchange (we're using a remote, hosted service.) Also, I had a yellow triangle error on the far right side of the status bar. Double-clicking it showed a number of synchronization errors. I highlighted them all and deleted them, then left the window open and watched. Sure enough, the beach ball appeared and the window filled up with sync errors, all of them calendar appointments that could not be sync'ed. Unfortunately, there is no information shown about the date/time of the offending appointment

So over the next 1/2 hour, I tracked down each appointment based on the Subject text only, some going back 2-3 years and deleted it. Now, I don't have any sync errors and the beach ball seems to have disappeared!
Mac-Dan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:01 PM   #33
Curlymeltx
macrumors newbie

Outlook Endless Beachball with OSX 10.8.2

I have had no problems at all with Outlook 2011 until just now, and it seems I now have the dreaded bouncing beachball that appears at regular intervals of every 30 secs and lasts for about a minute before unfreezing! Ugh. I've rebuilt the database, re-installed Microsoft Office 2011, and installed all software updates, but it still happens. I have 3 IMAP accounts and 1 Exchange account.

The last post on this issue was several months ago. Anyone out there having the same problem?
Curlymeltx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:14 PM   #34
dwilly910
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlymeltx View Post
I have had no problems at all with Outlook 2011 until just now, and it seems I now have the dreaded bouncing beachball that appears at regular intervals of every 30 secs and lasts for about a minute before unfreezing! Ugh. I've rebuilt the database, re-installed Microsoft Office 2011, and installed all software updates, but it still happens. I have 3 IMAP accounts and 1 Exchange account.

The last post on this issue was several months ago. Anyone out there having the same problem?
Yes, right here!! I'm running a new (mid-2012) MacBook Air and have only 1 Exchange account (no other email accounts). It's becoming unbearable... but it's a work computer and this is my only option for email. I've tried same "fixes" to no avail.
dwilly910 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store