New iPod Nano? - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:56 PM   #26
mgipe
macrumors Demi-God

I would like to see a new nano in the same form factor as the 7, with a clip like the 6, and most importantly, 32GB or even 64GB of storage.

I hope Apple doesn't abandon the iPod line.
mgipe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 05:12 PM   #27
eirenical
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dXTC View Post
The other part lies in the no-look operation of the click wheel. Call me old-fashioned, but I find the Click Wheel more responsive and intuitive than a rather fragile in-line control button module. I do well over 80% of my iPod-related actions in a typical day without looking, which is important while driving a car or being in certain crowded public places where an Apple product is more likely to be stolen.
This is it exactly, and why I've been frustrated by the upgrades to the nano for the past several generations.

The nano is marketed most as a fitness device, right? I know that's what I use it for. And the no-look functions are important for fitness devices. (Not to mention that for long distance runners like myself, after you've been going for a certain length of time your hand-eye coordination gets a little shaky. I find myself struggling with the nano navigation--I have the 6th gen--fairly regularly.)

Also, the nano is for me completely useless without the apple headphones and their built-in remote (which provide that no-look functionality), and those buggers short out whenever they get wet, whether through sweat or rain.

IMHO, the 4th gen with its click-wheel was the best form/feature compromise, while the 3rd gen was the best size/shape.

Damn Apple for leading the pack away from buttons on sports devices. (Try manipulating your touch screen Garmin in the rain after you've been running for 20 miles.)
eirenical is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:54 PM   #28
ftaok
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by H01D3N View Post
I think that the antenna is actually in the headphone port, because it tends to work with headphones other than the earpods.
The antenna is not in the headphone port. The antenna is the actual headphone wire ... it's not anything special. Any old headphone will work, unless the wire in the cord is compromised somehow.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 01:03 AM   #29
12vElectronics
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirenical View Post
This is it exactly, and why I've been frustrated by the upgrades to the nano for the past several generations.

The nano is marketed most as a fitness device, right? I know that's what I use it for. And the no-look functions are important for fitness devices. (Not to mention that for long distance runners like myself, after you've been going for a certain length of time your hand-eye coordination gets a little shaky. I find myself struggling with the nano navigation--I have the 6th gen--fairly regularly.)

Also, the nano is for me completely useless without the apple headphones and their built-in remote (which provide that no-look functionality), and those buggers short out whenever they get wet, whether through sweat or rain.

IMHO, the 4th gen with its click-wheel was the best form/feature compromise, while the 3rd gen was the best size/shape.

Damn Apple for leading the pack away from buttons on sports devices. (Try manipulating your touch screen Garmin in the rain after you've been running for 20 miles.)
I feel the same way! Give us a click wheel and it'll be great..
Old Aug 30, 2013, 09:24 AM   #30
jonathan.c
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShoot007 View Post
[/COLOR]If the 8g Nano comes,i would like to see this;

-32GB

-GAMES

-All the apps that were on the Click Wheel Nanos:Alarm,Notes,Clock,Calendar...

-Better battery

-HD Display
That product already exists. It's called the iPod touch.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:43 AM   #31
SactoGuy18
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Yahoo to SactoGuy18
I don't think they'll update the nano, except maybe with a new version of the software that comes with the player.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:34 AM   #32
clientsiman
macrumors 6502

The only thing that the have change is that there is one more color to choose from. Sadly the iPod is now a dinosaur.
clientsiman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:37 AM   #33
JackieInCo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by clientsiman View Post
The only thing that the have change is that there is one more color to choose from. Sadly the iPod is now a dinosaur.
Yes, that is the only thing new this year, a new Nano color.
JackieInCo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 02:49 PM   #34
addictive
macrumors member

No more ipod nanos?

(I posted this in the other ipod nano discussion "keynote thread", mods please delete my post there as its more suited here).

It is interesting that seem unlikely to update their iPod nanos this year just refresh the colour line.

The company have had other priorities but what is the future of the iPod? - the classic has dwindled in recent years though it remains available. Could this be the same fate for the nano? With all the company's focus on the iphone and ipod touch this leaves the nano as a niche product.

Next year I expect we'll see some type of wearable device whether its the iWatch which you wear on your wrist or some other wearable you clip on or carry with yourself.

If does decide to transform the nano to a wearable device then it would likely function exactly as the nano does now but add in a number of new features. It would re-design the entire product yet the music player function should remain. I imagine it would stay at the sweet spot of 16GB but it might use a fuller version of iOS.

i'd love a wearable device which also acted as an iPod.
addictive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 04:09 PM   #35
12vElectronics
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictive View Post
(I posted this in the other ipod nano discussion "keynote thread", mods please delete my post there as its more suited here).

It is interesting that seem unlikely to update their iPod nanos this year just refresh the colour line.

The company have had other priorities but what is the future of the iPod? - the classic has dwindled in recent years though it remains available. Could this be the same fate for the nano? With all the company's focus on the iphone and ipod touch this leaves the nano as a niche product.

Next year I expect we'll see some type of wearable device whether its the iWatch which you wear on your wrist or some other wearable you clip on or carry with yourself.

If does decide to transform the nano to a wearable device then it would likely function exactly as the nano does now but add in a number of new features. It would re-design the entire product yet the music player function should remain. I imagine it would stay at the sweet spot of 16GB but it might use a fuller version of iOS.

i'd love a wearable device which also acted as an iPod.
Just noticed on the 'buyers guide' on this forum that it shows GREEN for the iPod Nano and basically saying it's a refresh because they added 1 color??
Old Sep 23, 2013, 07:28 AM   #36
Grinspoon
macrumors newbie

Biggest issue with the nano's is that they need more damn memory. It's ridiculous for this size they don't have more memory. They haven't added any more memory to the range for quite a while now.

The current one's screen size is wasted. Go back smaller or ad some functionality.
Grinspoon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2013, 05:57 AM   #37
DigitriX
macrumors newbie

The 5th Gen was the best nano, form/features-wise.
So glad I bought mine in 2009!
DigitriX is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2013, 09:58 AM   #38
clientsiman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitriX View Post
The 5th Gen was the best nano, form/features-wise.
So glad I bought mine in 2009!
Same here, but the wheel is now making same weird noise when I am clicking it. The problem is that I don't like 7 gen iPod. Maybe next year apple will remember us an make something good.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 11:50 AM   #39
ftaok
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by clientsiman View Post
Same here, but the wheel is now making same weird noise when I am clicking it. The problem is that I don't like 7 gen iPod. Maybe next year apple will remember us an make something good.
There's no shot that apple will make another click wheel iPod. You might want to replace your current 5g nano at an apple store. That click wheel noise could qualify for a "repair" which to apple means replacing with a refurb. Not sure about the cost, probably $59.
ftaok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 04:23 PM   #40
nutmac
macrumors 68020

I just want iPod nano to be the best music player for the masses.

My top 5 wish:
  1. 32GB storage
  2. iOS 7 style make over
  3. WiFi
  4. iTunes Radio, iTunes Store, and iTunes Match
  5. AirPlay audio streaming

I have iPhone and iPad but I prefer to keep my music separate.
nutmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 05:20 PM   #41
clientsiman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftaok View Post
There's no shot that apple will make another click wheel iPod. You might want to replace your current 5g nano at an apple store. That click wheel noise could qualify for a "repair" which to apple means replacing with a refurb. Not sure about the cost, probably $59.
I would love to, but sadly there are no apple stores in Greece.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 05:48 PM   #42
nutmac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12vElectronics View Post
Most have reported minor changes, mostly to the UI.
Since iPod nano received new color (space gray) 3 weeks ago, I expect only a software refresh at best, if at that.

As much as I would like iPod nano update, I think it's looking likely that iWatch will replace iPod nano next year.
nutmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod