Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
I downloaded an apliaction- DAY-O, it is simple utility in menubar to show calendar. I just want to uninstall it. I just simply delete it from application folder. But icon is still in launchpad, don undertand to it. Please can you give me advice, how can I definitely delete it?

thank you very much

MWPULSE

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
London
when you remove/delete something from Mac OSX you have to then empty the trash.

This also applies to USB sticks/external hard drives-the memory you fill up won't show/change until you empty the trash.

You can empty the trash by using the key command shft+cmd+bkspc or by going to the dock, its the bin in the right hand corner.

Hope that helps.

Pete

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
Stuff sometimes doesn't disappear until after a reboot. If emptying the trash didn't solve the problem, try a reboot.

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Stuff sometimes doesn't disappear until after a reboot. If emptying the trash didn't solve the problem, try a reboot.

That was the first things what I did. Firstly try to empty trash. Didn t solve it. Than I reboot it. And the icon is still in launchpad...

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Is there a .dmg mounted?

no! But I has finally solve the problem. So for other people who may it be has or had similar problem. Problem wash t by day-o application and wrong delete it. I did install a LAUNCHPAD CONTROL. And from some reason after deleted day-o, the day-o icon still launchpad control remembered and for that still was in launchpad. I deleted launchpad control from application folder and the day-o icon disappear too ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.