Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:17 PM   #51
BrokeTechLover
macrumors regular

Totally understand where the OP is coming from from a screen size POV. I hate the way the iP5 looks,I held one at the Apple store and it was super uncomfortable for my smaller palm. I just hope the next generation goes back to a smaller screen or I may never go past a 4S
BrokeTechLover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:30 PM   #52
Leonard1818
macrumors 68000

No! LIES! all of you... ahfu25 says that we all LOVE the bigger screens and if anyone says otherwise they're obviously lying. ahfu25 said that they would bet every penny they own. THAT'S dedication.
Leonard1818 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:37 PM   #53
thebeans
macrumors regular

Was this sarcasm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRod83 View Post
After using my iPhone 5 for more than a month, I can say that I can never go back to a smaller screen. I was worried at first that the taller, but same width screen, wouldn't work, but I was wrong. It's perfect (for now) for me.

My battery life is really good, but then again, when I am at the office, I plug it in to charge, and in the car I plug it in to charge as well.

Was this sarcasm? My detector is on the fritz. If not, then how would you know what the battery life is like if you charge it all the time? Serious question because I am trying to decide if I want the 5 or not. My employer is doing phone upgrades now and I can get a 5 at no cost or keep my 4S.
thebeans is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:48 PM   #54
RCRod83
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeans View Post
Was this sarcasm? My detector is on the fritz. If not, then how would you know what the battery life is like if you charge it all the time? Serious question because I am trying to decide if I want the 5 or not. My employer is doing phone upgrades now and I can get a 5 at no cost or keep my 4S.
I can go an entire day and at the end of the day, my battery is down to about 45%. But when I'm at the office or in the car, I'm always charging it so that when I'm not around and outlet, I have a fully charged phone.
RCRod83 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:06 PM   #55
thebeans
macrumors regular

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRod83 View Post
I can go an entire day and at the end of the day, my battery is down to about 45%. But when I'm at the office or in the car, I'm always charging it so that when I'm not around and outlet, I have a fully charged phone.

Thanks for the clarification and update. I appreciate it!
thebeans is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 02:21 PM   #56
jarvijarv
macrumors regular

Absolutely love the iPhone5!

After about a month now of using my new iPhone5, there is absolutely no way I would go back to my 4S. The size for me is perfect, love it! I like to text a lot, so the added screen size is bliss. At first, the iPhone5 seemed huge after using the previous generations for years....but I quickly got the hang of it. All my previous apps the have been optimized to use the extra screen look gorgeous and have made reading a helluva lot easier!!
After draining my battery the first night of owning it then fully charging, I have had no battery issues...it's much better than my 4S. Maybe because I use my wifi much more than the equipped cellular (4G/LTE) data. Or cause I am so anal about closing my apps as soon as I'm done with them (tap, tap home button and hit the -'s).
I hope Apple keeps the 4" screen for couple more cycles...don't want them to go any larger.
jarvijarv is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:55 PM   #57
waa1futs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedude View Post
man...i never never thought i would say this but after spending a few weeks with my iPhone 5, i can officially say i miss my iPhone 4 for two main reasons:

-say what you say about the size of the iPhone, 3.5 is the perfect size for using with one hand and i'm not against bigger displays, i'm just saying for the normal average use the 3.5'' size in so many ways.
I know what you mean, I feel the same way.

I bought an iPhone 5 by adding a line to my family plan, but the 5's longer screen wasn't for me.

Not to mention the easily scratched aluminum, lte not many places even in socal which would drain battery like crazy, the yellowish screen, and tons of iOS apps not formatted for the new screen size. Yuck

With the 4S I get the entire iOS 6 update, the best screen size, apps that are formatted properly, and much more scratch resistant materials.

Was a no brainer for me to go back to the 4S and wait to see if these problems are fixed by next years update.
waa1futs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:52 PM   #58
michaelmac3
macrumors member

I sold my 5 and went back to a 4S. Don't regret it one single iota of a bit.
michaelmac3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:40 AM   #59
itsmemuffins
macrumors 68020

You guys are crazy. Literally cookoo
itsmemuffins is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:58 AM   #60
AznTakumi
macrumors regular

I agree about the screen size. It's a little hard to reach the top of the iPhone 5 but I disagree with everything else. iPhone 5 battery life is amazing, you must have gotten a bad batch, go to the apple store!! I also want to mention the new cable sucks..
AznTakumi is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:14 AM   #61
Adutrumque
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemuffins View Post
You guys are crazy. Literally cookoo
Nah they're just poor nerds. They can't afford it and they get a boner of looking at the five.

Jealousy and virginity is strong in these ones.
Adutrumque is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:18 AM   #62
rasputinj
macrumors regular

I love my iPhone 5, battery life is good. Much better than my friends Galaxy III. I love the screen, the thinness. In no way would I want to go back to the 4S, plus I got some good money for trading it in.
rasputinj is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:11 AM   #63
waa1futs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
Nah they're just poor nerds. They can't afford it and they get a boner of looking at the five.

Jealousy and virginity is strong in these ones.
You have the maturity and IQ of a 12 year old

Seriously, what adult still uses the word "boner"?

Have fun with your 5 kid... lay off the insults though.
waa1futs is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:22 AM   #64
Adutrumque
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waa1futs View Post
You have the maturity and IQ of a 12 year old

Seriously, what adult still uses the word "boner"?

Have fun with your 5 kid... lay off the insults though.
Truth hurts, does it.
Adutrumque is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:25 AM   #65
ET iPhone Home
macrumors 65816

iPhone 5S or 6 is not too far along.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:08 PM   #66
Bluphyre
macrumors member

Ip5 mini??
Bluphyre is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:17 PM   #67
Ramio
macrumors 6502

While I'm sure some points are valid, I think the money is a big reason some go back to the 4s. They sell the 5 for a good amount of money and then try to convince themselves that the 4s is the most perfect phone ever made. Self justification. Having had both, the 5 blows the 4s out of the water.
Ramio is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:28 PM   #68
Bigcclass09
macrumors member

wondering do most people with the iphone 5 still have their last iphone, i still have my 4 i like the speed of the 5 and the fact that it wont hang up on the task my 4 did
Bigcclass09 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:50 PM   #69
jasonmac21
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
LTE actually gives you good battery life
Not for me it doesn't.
jasonmac21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone