Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:22 PM   #26
xraydoc
Thread Starter
macrumors Demi-God
 
xraydoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Top left corner
So I did a "reset all network connections" on my mini. Now the wifi connection is persistent and my push notifications - push/exchange mail, iMessage, etc., are working properly with the Smart Cover closed, even 10+ minutes after the screen has been turned off.

Hurray! Back to normal. That was odd. Never saw that bug before. Guess I have to keep the mini!
__________________
3.5GHz i7 27" iMac 1.8GHz i7 11" MacBook Air 2.5GHz i5 Mac mini + 27" Thunderbolt display
4TB RAID 10 8TB RAID 0 6TB RAID 0 2TB Time Capsule ac White/silver iPhone 5S & iPad Air
xraydoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:24 PM   #27
kbmb
macrumors 68030
 
kbmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydoc View Post
So I did a "reset all network connections" on my mini. Now the wifi connection is persistent and my push notifications - push/exchange mail, iMessage, etc., are working properly with the Smart Cover closed, even 10+ minutes after the screen has been turned off.

Hurray! Back to normal. That was odd. Never saw that bug before. Guess I have to keep the mini!
Did you setup the mini from an iCloud restore?

I've noticed lately that setting up a new device from an iCloud restore....you almost always have to either do a Network Settings reset or a All Settings reset because something gets corrupted.

-Kevin
__________________
2010 Mac Pro 2.8 Quad, 27" ACD - Mid 2012 MacBook Air
kbmb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:24 PM   #28
Puonti
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Do you have Fetch set to check or is it set to manual? Also, note that even if the main Fetch schedule is set, there is an advanced setting in Mail where each account can override it.
My Gmail notes fetch hourly, the other "fetch" accounts (just mail) are manual because they are low-traffic.
Puonti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:26 PM   #29
kbmb
macrumors 68030
 
kbmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puonti View Post
My Gmail notes fetch hourly, the other "fetch" accounts (just mail) are manual because they are low-traffic.
Interesting. I only note that because I've seen multiple people not realize the Advanced section and wonder why their Fetch schedules aren't running.

-Kevin
__________________
2010 Mac Pro 2.8 Quad, 27" ACD - Mid 2012 MacBook Air
kbmb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:26 PM   #30
xraydoc
Thread Starter
macrumors Demi-God
 
xraydoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Top left corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Did you setup the mini from an iCloud restore?

I've noticed lately that setting up a new device from an iCloud restore....you almost always have to either do a Network Settings reset or a All Settings reset because something gets corrupted.

-Kevin
Yes, I did. Perhaps that's what it was.
__________________
3.5GHz i7 27" iMac 1.8GHz i7 11" MacBook Air 2.5GHz i5 Mac mini + 27" Thunderbolt display
4TB RAID 10 8TB RAID 0 6TB RAID 0 2TB Time Capsule ac White/silver iPhone 5S & iPad Air
xraydoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:35 PM   #31
thadoggfather
macrumors 68030
 
thadoggfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Interesting, mine is doing the same thing.

I had a few wifi drop outs too.

Did a reset network settings last night, so far no drops. (only happened once at my place so far, but a few at starbucks)

restored from iCloud backup so going to try a DFU restore then report.

I also have a case the smart cover on/off feature (moko).

Hoping this nips it in the bud.

Have you had the same issue since resolving it, OP?
thadoggfather is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:44 PM   #32
CTHarrryH
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I wonder if this is why I'm getting no automatic iCloud backups on my mini. Since it has to be plugged in and WiFi on if WiFi gets turn off automatically it woudn't back up.

Have to try a network reset this evening.
CTHarrryH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:54 PM   #33
thadoggfather
macrumors 68030
 
thadoggfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTHarrryH View Post
I wonder if this is why I'm getting no automatic iCloud backups on my mini. Since it has to be plugged in and WiFi on if WiFi gets turn off automatically it woudn't back up.

Have to try a network reset this evening.
sounds like it.

PERFECT!

the restore and set up as new fixed it in my quick test (seeing if wifi is there when I wake it up), sending iMessages and emails

can't believe how often I have issues restoring from backup on iOS 6 in particular, going from same device backup to another (something defective when I have to swap for same model every time)

When you pull the smart cover away to wake it up, do you see wifi come on immediately but sort of flicker between on and off for a split second?

does that with mine, but emails all seem to come through even when the device is in sleep mode (with smart cover on or off)

edit: doesnt seem to be doing that again... odd

Last edited by thadoggfather; Nov 27, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
thadoggfather is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC