Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:36 PM   #51
littfam
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Buy one now.
__________________
2 iMacs - 2.5 Ghz i5, 500 gig HD's
MacBook Air - 2.0 Ghz i7, 256 SSD, 8 Gb ram
White Crackbook 2.16 Ghz C2D 500 gig HDD
MLion 10.8.2 etc... etc... And all that good stuff!
littfam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:43 AM   #52
CanadianMBAir
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
MacBook Air - 2.0 Ghz i7, 256 SSD, 8 Gb ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by littfam View Post
Buy one now.
Littfam, you have a MacBook Air - 2.0 Ghz i7, 256 SSD, 8 Gb ram

Would you take $150 cash to magically have the 1.7ghz? Was it worth the upgrade? It becomes a pricy machine at that config, but I WANT IT
CanadianMBAir is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:01 PM   #53
phr33k
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I would suggest buy one now, for two reasons.

Reason 1: It is such a great machine right now. You will love it. I have the 2012 11", i7, 8GB, 128GB, and it is truly fantastic.

Reason 2: Macs hold good value when you are looking to resell it when the 2013 come out. This way you get the enjoyment now of a truly great machine and also only a smallish hit when buying the new one.

Just my two cents
phr33k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:06 PM   #54
CanadianMBAir
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by phr33k View Post
I would suggest buy one now, for two reasons.

Reason 1: It is such a great machine right now. You will love it. I have the 2012 11", i7, 8GB, 128GB, and it is truly fantastic.

Reason 2: Macs hold good value when you are looking to resell it when the 2013 come out. This way you get the enjoyment now of a truly great machine and also only a smallish hit when buying the new one.

Just my two cents
Waiting for it to hit the refurb shelf
CanadianMBAir is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:16 PM   #55
abz1981
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
If your really in a need of a new MBA and have the money then get one now. Technology changes all the time, if your wanting the latest and greatest, then you may as well sell each MBA you ever get, whenever a new one comes out and then buy the latest one again. Get what suits your needs. If you need one now, then go for it. If you do not really need one at the moment, then simply wait.
__________________
13.3" Macbook Air 2011, 1.7GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128GB flash storage; Apple Iphone 5 16GIG Black.
abz1981 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:13 PM   #56
Saturn1217
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
If one were to get a 13-inch 256gb 8GB Ram i7 from the refurb store now ($1449) and sell it next summer how much do you think this computer would sell for?

I'm just curious how much I would expect to lose if I purchased now and then upgraded next year. I fully intend to wait until 2013 but just hypothetically speaking...
__________________
13" MBA 2013, 1.7 GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD
Saturn1217 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC